C h a p t e r 9

She walked down through the muddy road. She walked forward and felt her ankle go deep in the muddy slush. She still had an yard to walk. She decided she couldn't walk through it staining her favourite sparkly shoes. She turned around to take another route. She walked back dragging her feet through the tar road to get rid of the mud.

"Boo!"

"Ahhh! F*ck!!" She screamed. She stopped screaming as she found him laughing hard, bent down and slapping his knee. "Idiot!" She cursed him. "So you hid in the bushes while I left?"

"Yeah! Obviously!" He chuckled raking his hand through his hair. She forgot how handsome he looked or how much she had under appreciated his handsomeness. His head held black dark hair with brown dyed steaks. He had a stubble but it just further enhanced his sharp jaw. His nose perfect and pointy, unlike her pug one. The best part was his lips, which were perfectly pink, his bottom lip luscious. As if sensing her eyes on them, he licked them, swiping his tongue, wetting them in the process.

"Bunny?"

Her eyes turned to him, his eyes were dark with desire and she noticed his voice was a little husky.

"Don't look at me like that." He said in all seriousness. "If you want a kiss, just say so!" His lips turned to a teasing smile.

"Who said I want a kiss? I don't!" She snapped. She was embarrassed. She was a virgin. Even a kiss virgin.

She always wanted her first kiss to be under the rain. With the one who loved her and she him.

"Okay! If you say so! I'll just be back." He said rushing towards the old dilapidated building. It was in ruins. No one other than a crazy man lived there.

"You're not gonna find money in there!" She said annoyed. "Or alcohol!"

"Oh there is alcohol! I just saw a passed out drunkard there!" He said and went there.

She felt anger seep inside her veins. He was exactly just like every other drunkard out there. He tried to mug her and now he was off stealing a bottle. He was like everything she despised. A man who only thought about himself and his bottle. And that's why, it would never work out. She thought.

Before she walked away, he came back. On his hand was a clear bottle of cheap liquor. He looked at it as if it was a victory. He tried to open the open the bottle and she looked away in disgust.

"I don't like the smell. Put it away!" She snapped. "You know what? Forget it. I'll just walk away!" She walked hastily.

"Hey! Wait! I am putting it away!" He said putting the small bottle inside his shirt pocket and all she could do was look at the bulge with disgust. She just gritted her teeth and turned to walk away.

She expected him to throw the bottle. For her. But he wouldn't. She knew that. He gripped her elbow stopping her.

"What now?!" He snapped turning her to face his stormy dark eyes.

The rain had started drizzling harder. She felt tears stemming up from the eyes. What could she tell him? Throw it away for me? But why would he? The very thoughts ached her heart.

"I love you! Okay?! And this must sound so crazy because we met like four hours ago and... Oh God! I must be crazy!" She groaned. He stayed silent looking at her with a blank expression.

"You're just fangirling. That is what every girl would think if her favourite actor came before her. This? This is not love." His voice seemed awfully familiar like he was convincing himself.

"Right!" She said sarcastically and turned to walk away. His grip grew harder on her elbow pulling her back.

"What?!" She snapped at him. "Why do you keep pulling me back?! I'm just a crazy obsessive fan for you! You are not the one who has to see my face on every tabloid, every ad, every news piece! You'll probably go back to shagging girls left and right like tomorrow! I have to live with the fact that..." Her voice cracked. "That I couldn't make you put away your bottle!"

She ripped her arm from his hold. He looked at her, with his eye brows in a frown. The rain poured harder on them drenching them completely. She didn't know how many moments had passed between them. His dark muddy eyes met her dark inky eyes as the rain mercilessly poured on them.

She hated how he could just look at her silently. Just f*cking throw away the bottle and I might kiss you! She screamed in her own mind. She felt pathetic, how could only she feel it, she thought.

He told her that he had liked her but he liked his bottle more! She realised the bitter truth.

She clicked her tongue sarcastically and looked away from his endearing eyes, "I get it, you don't love me, you don't even like me enough. Damn! You know a guy liked me and he used to drink like occasionally. I told him once that I hated people who drank. He stopped drinking. For me! And I rejected him like the dumbass I was! I should call him!" She ranted and took out her phone. The water fell on her plastic covered phone screen. Before she could open the lock.

She felt him grip her wrist hardly loosening her grip and her phone fell to the ground. He grabbed her waist with force slamming her to his body. The next thing she felt was her eyes flutter close, she felt his lips stamp every inch of her face. Her forehead, her nose, her cheeks, her chin, everywhere except her lips. He went further to ferociously kiss and suck her neck. His lips warm against the cool wet rain dripping to her skin.

Hickey. Her mind blared alarms. She pushed him away. "What are you doing?!" She couldn't stop her voice from wavering. She looked at him, his lips which had just graced her face was raw. His chest was heaving up and down. She bent down to pick up her phone and checked it for any cracks.

"Don't."

She snapped her head to look at him. "Don't call other guys!" His voice was still husky with a tint of anger.

Her eyes widened as she saw the lunatic man of her street behind him. The glass shard sparkling against the rain drops. "Oh my god! Abhay!" She tried to warn him.

He looked back confused and that's when he was stabbed in his stomach. She ran to him supporting his stumbling body. "Abhay!!" She cried his name. He stood blocking her, "No! Run!" He said pushing her away with another hand. His other hand pressing against his injury, his blood staining his hand and shirt, Rain mixing with scarlet.

She picked up a stone and hit the lunatic but he turned his eyes to her. He charged towards her but Abhay blocked him. He pushed Abhay away in a instant.

She groaned as she felt him stab her ribs. His glass shard knicked her rib hard. She gasped as he pulled the shard out and pushed it against her rib again. His manic laughter rung in her ears.

"No!" Abhay cried. "Leave her! You want this, right? Take it!" He waved the liquor bottle in the air. The lunatic looked at it, laughing happily and grabbed it from his hand, and ran away clapping and laughing.

"Bunny!?" He came to her supporting her waist. The pain was unbearable. The blood flowing out of her ribs flowed out in rivulets. She lifted her blood stained hand to caress his cheek.

"Rose." She muttered. "My name is Rose." She chuckled painfully. So what was this? Titanic parody? She thought in her mind.

They both fell down with a thud to the ground. His face was concocted in pain. She pressed her hand to his wound too. Darkness was looming, her mind spun as she felt her eyes droop. She just wanted to sleep under the pounding rain.

Before her consciousness slipped, she felt his warm lips on her forehead.

"I love you too."

A smile graced her face at that. That was the last thing she heard before she slipped out of consciousness.