C h a p t e r 8

They both walked with her in the front and him behind her. Her tears had dried up as she was exhausted. She had decided to come in terms that this was just a love affair in the rain. Her hair was matted down and so was her t-shirt sticking to her torso.

       She walked to the rickshaw stand but there was no rickshaws and whatever few were there, they were full of passengers. "I guess I have to walk home now..." She said it loud enough for him to hear. She started walking again and he followed her steps quietly. The silence was ringing in her ears, except for the drizzle of rain.

      When they reached a secluded road, there were the same boys who were on the motor cycle, standing in that alley. They once saw her and whispered amongst themselves and giggled raking her body. She looked down to downwards  to her white t-shirt with a rabbit on it, her tshirt was sticking to her skin almost translucent. She bit her lips and started walking faster.

     She almost passed over him and she let out a breath of relief. That's when she felt a drape on her shoulders. She turned her neck to look that he had draped his jacket over his shoulder.

      Her breath hitched as she felt the warmth of his body close unto her. She didn't want him to move away. His torso pressed to her back was exactly where she wanted him. She wanted to turn around and take his lips. Sensing her ragged breath, his hand gripped her shoulders tighter.

      She felt him lean down, his wet hair brushing her neck. She felt him press his lips on her shoulder. Her breath hitched and she almost let out a groan. Inspite coat and all her layers of clothing between his lips and her skin, it still burned her skin and sent tingled all over her body.

        He let her go and she almost fell back aching his warmth again. She steadied herself again. I can't do this. I must forget about this. She thought. People would think they're crazy to fall in love in couple of hours. So she walked, step by step away from him. Towards her house, towards her miserable life.

      She walked until she sensed that her house was just a minute closer. She had taken the long route and still it seemed so short. She stopped. And he stopped a feet away from too.

     "You should go now or my neighbours will see you and they'll make up rumours about..."

      She was  cut off by his hands on her shoulders again. He leaned down and placed another kiss on her shoulder and patted it twice. "Go now. Be safe. Live joyously! Live." He whispered in her ear.

        By the term she had mustered the courage to turn around. He was not there. He was gone. Gone. Her lungs felt punctured and she felt tears flow down her cheeks.

        She walked forward and promised herself that she'd live.

                    Live vicariously.

                     Live joyously.

                         Just live.