C h a p t e r 7

She sniffed her runny nose and her wiped away the wet streams off her face. No one would even believe her if she told her friends that she had met Abhay and they ate ice cream together and he kissed her wrist and dumped her on the same day. She felt angry at her fate and her life. Why had life felt the need to throw in Abhay, the one guy she had a crush on into her pathetic mix.

Now she unknowingly liked him. Great! So f*cking great! She thought. A motorcycle zoomed past her, on it three boys whistling and passed lewd comments at her, one of them in an attempt to slap her ass had pushed her. She fell to the ground with a thud. The motorcycle had already zoomed away, not even visible anymore.

She looked at her palms which held scratches and was muddy from the wet road. Her bad luck is really milking her out today! She cursed her luck. She felt a pair of arms on her shoulders. "Get up." His breath brushed her neck. She knew who he was. He supported her and helped her stand up. She rubbed her dirty hands on her shorts. What else could she do?

She was aware of his glaring presence behind her. His hold on his shoulders tightened again shooting ripples of desire inside her. She angrily shrug his arms off. "Why did you come back?" She wanted to ask him but she didn't. He thought she was a stranger, so she will behave as per his thoughts.

"Thanks! I can walk home by myself now!" She snapped not even looking back at him. She started walking faster, he jogged to reach her and took her hand in his.

"I'll walk you home." He told her determined, his eyebrows frowned. She looked at him in disgust. How could he?

"No thanks." She ripped her hand from his. "I can walk home by myself!" She spat walking ahead.

"Bunny..." He groaned. "Don't be stubborn, there's no one out today. What if someone attacks you again?" His voice was laced with concern.

"That is none of your concern! As far as I know, I'm just a stranger to you! Why are you concerned so much for a mere stranger?" She twisted his words throwing it back in his face.

"Bunny... Bunny? Come on. Damn! You're spunky." He chuckled trying to lighten the mood. She kept walking not sparing him a look. But inside, she was happy, he was walking beside her.

"My parents got divorced. My mom slept, she still is, sleeping with my manager. My dad died in an accident suddenly. My sister is back in our house, black and blue, because her husband, the great director, Sanjay Rao, beat her. My girlfriend left me for my best friend and then they all decided to screw me over by getting a fake drunk and driving case against me and everyone confessed for a little bit of lime light that I was a drunkard and druggie and whatnot. My career got screwed and I became exactly like the drunkard they all painted me to be. Happy, now?" He paused.

She turned back to look at him. He was looking at his legs. He was pushing his weight from one foot to the other. He looked up and his brown eyes met her black ones. "And I met this amazing girl who is multi-talented. Who writes very well and draws nicely too. She looks very pretty and exotic. And she doesn't know how much of self control I am exerting to just not kiss her under this blasted rain right now!" He growled.

"But I am a broken man with no future. And a selfish drunkard who only thinks of him and his bottle. I can't drag her into my mess of a life. She deserves better. Better than a washed up drunk actor."

Tears sprang from her eyes and her throat formed a painful lump. Slowly she let out a sob. And she clutched her chest as she let out her cries of agony. Why was life playing such games with her?

Her legs broke into a sprint and she ran to him slamming her face in his face. He wrapped her arms around in an instant.

"Stop crying... Does this even make sense? We met like a couple of hours ago. You're gonna forget me like tomorrow. Are you really twenty one? You fell for a guy who tried to mug you and I for a girl who writes erotic fan fiction about me!" He chuckled. She gasped freeing herself from his arms. Her cheeks burning bright red.

"Yep! I read them while you were buying ice cream!" He teased her.

She buried her head in her hand covering her beet red face. Oh God! She thought to herself.