𝑠𝑖𝑥.

06. | chapter six

❝secret code names

secret code names.

↠↠↠

Lydia, Erik and Charles returned back to the facility the following day, only to have Charles and Erik dragged away because of a meeting with the facility about Shaw. They left Lydia behind, and she was currently seated in a circle with the mutants they found and bonded with them as they were all going to be roommates for a while.

"We should think of code names!" Raven suddenly said out of nowhere. "We're government agents now, we should have secret code names." Everyone hummed in agreement. "I want to be called Mystique."

Lydia smiled. "I like that one."

"Damn! I wanted to be called Mystique," Sean jokingly said.

"Well, tough. I called it." Raven turned herself into Sean, causing the man to jump up into his seat startled, but then grinned as everyone applauded Raven's talents. "And I am way more mysterious than you," she told him before turning back into her blonde-haired persona and looked at Darwin. "Darwin, what about you?"

"Well, 'Darwin' is already a nickname, and, you know, it sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all," Darwin said. "Check this out." He stood up and walked over towards the fish tank. He placed his head into the tank and gills suddenly grew out the side of his head, enabling him to breathe underwater. Everyone applauded him as he turned to face them and grinned.

"That was awesome!" Lydia cheered.

"Thank you," he laughed once he pulled his head from out of the tank. "What about you?" He pointed at Sean.

"I'm going to be....Banshee," he smiled.

"Why the wailing spirit?" Hank asked.

"You might want to cover your ears," Sean stood up and everyone immediately covered their ears. He took in a deep breath, grinned at everyone, then let out an ear piecing wail, causing the window to shatter instead of the glass cup that he was aiming for. Everyone laughed as he jumped back onto the couch and Angel stood up.

"My stage name is Angel," Angel told them before turning around and taking off her jacket. "It kind of fits." Wings suddenly grew out of her skin which, before, appeared to be a tattoo. She hovered above the ground and everyone stared at her with their mouths agape.

"You can fly?!" Raven asked, astonished.

"I've always wanted to fly," Lydia said.

"And..." she turned around and faced where the broken glass was. She then suddenly spat out a fireball which landed on the statue outside's head.

"Holy crap!" Sean and the rest of them laughed.

Angel then nodded towards Lydia. "What's your name?" She asked.