𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.

15. | chapter fifteen

❝farewell my friend

farewell my friend.

↠↠↠

Storm, Blink, Bishop, Colossus, Bobby, Pyro and Warpath stood guard outside of the building as Logan boarded up the doors. Charlie and Avery decided to stay back to support their beloveds, and Lydia stood to the side besides Charles.

Lydia, Erik, Charles, Avery, Charlie, Kitty and Logan stood around a table where Logan was soon going to lay down on. Logan took a deep breath before chuckling lightly. "So I wake up in my younger body, god knows where. Then what?"

"You will need to go to the Xavier mansion and find Lydia and I. Convince us of all of this," Charles told him.

"Hank is bound to be there also," Lydia informed him.

"Beast?" Logan asked and she nodded. "Won't you just be able to read my mind?"

Lydia hummed softly. "Those were dark years, my friend. Charles didn't have his powers. And, well, I had some of it, but not enough control to safely go into anyone's minds," she told him before pulling a face. "I was a bit of a drinker back then."

"You a drinker?" Logan chuckled at the thought. "Can't picture it."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "I was twenty, leave me alone."

"Logan, you're going to have to do for me what I once did for you. Lead me, guide me. I was a very different man then. Lydia, not so much." Lydia playfully narrowed her eyes. "You'll have to be patient with me."

Logan scoffed. "Patience isn't my strongest suit."

Lydia snorted. "Trust me, we know."

"You'll need me as well," Erik spoke up.

"What?" Logan asked.

"After Mystique left Charles, she came with me and I set her on a dangerous path. A darker path," Erik looked down. "It's going to take the three of us side by side at a time when we couldn't be further apart."

Charles and Lydia smiled and nodded at Logan who looked at them wearily. "Great," he sarcastically said. "So, where do I find you."

"Well, it's complicated," Erik said.

"You could say that again," Lydia smirked at him.

Charlie frowned. "I don't get it. Where were you, Grandpa?"

"Somewhere where bad people go," Lydia responded instantly, sending a teasing look at Erik who rolled his eyes in return.

"It wasn't that bad," he tried to reason.

"Assassinating the President is definitely not a terrible crime," Lydia rolled her eyes.

"I didn't assassinate him, remember? I was trying to save him," Erik said.

Lydia shrugged. "Pish posh."

Logan sighed as he got onto the table and then laid down. Kitty walked over to him and placed her hands on either side of his head. "Basically your body will go to sleep while your mind travels back in time. As long as you're back there, past and present will continue to coexist. But once you wake up, whatever you've done will take hold and become history."

"No pressure," Lydia whispered to him.

"And for the rest of us, it'll be the only history that we know. It will be like the last 50 years never happened. In this world, this war. The only person who will remember it is you," Kitty smiled slightly at him. "Alright Logan, I need you to clear your head and to stay as calm as possible."

"What, what do you mean?" Logan asked.

"If your mind gets rocky, it'll be harder for me to hold you. You could start to slip between past and future," Kitty explained.

"What if I need to get a little rocky?" He asked.

"And you most likely will," Lydia said.

"Just think peaceful thoughts," she shrugged.

"Peaceful thoughts," Logan said, almost sounding like he was having a hard time believing that. "Do you have any good news?"

"Well, you don't really age so you'll pretty much look the same," Kitty said.

"You won't have much time in the past," Bobby spoke up. "Sentinel's will find us. They always do."

"And we won't be able to run or escape," Avery said, looking at Logan as she nervously bit her nail.

"This is our last chance," Kitty said.

"Do you really think this will work?" Erik asked Charles.

"I have faith in him," Charles replied instantly.

"It's not him I'm worried about. It's us. We were young. We didn't know any better," Erik said.

"Well, you two weren't that young. I was, on the other hand, twenty," Lydia said and they shook their heads at her in response.

"This might sting a little," Kitty warned.

"Oh, and Logan?" He turned his head towards Lydia. "This was just before I had met these two's dad," Lydia gestured to her children. "Try not to fuck that up."

Logan sent me a small smile. "You deserved the happiness he gave you. So I'll try not to fuck it up." Lydia walked over towards Charlie as Avery walked up to Logan.

"I don't know what future us has in store and whether or not we will be together, so I just—"

"Stop," Logan said instantly, grabbing Avery's hands. "We will be together. Whether or not it's straight away. I will always love you."

Avery smiled lightly back, placing her hand softly on his cheek. "And I will always love you, too." She leant down and placed a soft kiss on his lips, the two of them smiling lightly as they pulled apart. "Good luck."

He smiled back. "I'll need it."

Avery walked back to stand besides her brother and Logan quickly straightened out his head again on the table. Kitty softly placed her hands on either side of Logan's head and they lit up, causing him to let out a scream as his claws came out.