CHAPTER TWO: Who Knew

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

I couldn't believe what had just happened. How could Kalel have turned into this? No, this wasn't her... She's just been under a lot of stress from the wedding, right? The worst part was that Ian had seen what just happened and Kalel even spoke to him before leaving! Ian had always said that we seemed like the perfect couple. This must have shattered his image of us. Now I'm here in the kitchen with a red mark on my cheek, a food battle video to finish within the next two days, a fiancé who has left to who-knows-where, and a best friend who probably has a lot of questions as to what he just witnessed.

I allowed my head to rest in my hands as I slowly started to sob. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ian tentatively walk out of the foyer and towards me. I tried to ready myself for whatever question he would ask, but he silently put a pink box on the counter and began to pat my back while gently murmuring, "It's okay..."

I couldn't believe what a great friend Ian was. He didn't ask me what just happened or pry to find out what's wrong. He only comforted me, asking for no words in return. I turned to hug Ian and he allowed me to cry on his shoulder. There is nothing in the world more comforting.

Am I as good of a friend to Ian as he is to me? Probably not. All I do is make inappropriate jokes about his mom to try to be funnier than I actually am. Here I am, literally crying on the shoulder of a guy who has always been there for me, regardless of how lame I might have been to him.

Maybe Kalel is angry because she thinks she's too good for me. What if Ian realizes that he's too good for me too? Then where will I be?

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

"For what?", Ian replied, "You have nothing to be sorry for!" His voice comforted me so much, but I felt undeserving.

I continued. "I'm sorry that you had to see that. I'm sorry that Kalel said that to you. But most of all, I'm sorry for not being as great of a friend to you you as you are to me..."

IAN'S P.O.V.

Did he really just say that? Kalel is making him feel this dejected? The only thing I liked about her was that she made him happy, and now I've learned that isn't true. I don't know when I'd have to talk to Kalel again, but I'd have a pot to say...

"Anthony, what are you talking about?" I asked, lifting his head from my shoulder to look him in the eye, "You have always been a great friend... My best friend. As for what I saw, I'm so sorry that I pried. I should have stayed outside when I heard yelling. That's entirely my fault."

He nestled his head into the crook of my neck once more. I couldn't help but feel bad since part of his pain was caused by the fact that I saw their argument. I held onto him, only wanting his pain to go away.

I sat there for a long time, just letting Anthony cry on my shoulder. Eventually, we moved so that he could get an ice pack for his face, then sat down on our sofa to watch some TV.

Anthony had always been mesmerized by TV. He stopped crying and relaxed a bit to watch the new season of Dexter on SHOtime. I could see his facial expressions change as he pondered the plot, but I wasn't paying attention. I had only one thought on my mind:

Where the hell was Kalel?

KALEL'S P.O.V.

I was furious. I didn't know what to do, so I just kept driving as my mind replayed the scene of what just happened.

I was shocked at myself! I would NEVER hit anyone, let alone Anthony... but I had. Why? Was wedding madness really getting to me? That can't be it. I mean sure, the wedding is stressful to plan, but the planning wasn't making me anxious. No, not the planning. The fact that I was getting married at all was what made me so scared that I lashed out at Anthony. I continued driving, only pulling over once I saw the huge neon sign that read, "Cash 4 Gold".

Was I really going to do this? I can't imagine hurting Anthony this way, but look at what I've already done! Maybe the best thin to do was go back... Back to the way things were before the proposal and all of this crazy wedding planning. Yeah... It's the only way...

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

I woke up on our regular sofa and sat up after realizing I had been slumped over on top of Ian. The TV was off now, but Ian was still here, asleep. Did he stay, even after the show ended, because I'd fallen asleep on him? Did he fall asleep waiting for me to wake?

I brain tried to tell me that this was another example of how terrible of a friend I am, but I knew this was just Ian being Ian. It was in his nature to be so nice and accommodating. If someone cut in line, he wouldn't stop them. If someone was rude to him, he would never return the favor. If someone fell asleep on him, he wouldn't move or wake them.

I was about to wake him so we could go to our respective rooms when I noticed the dark circles beneath his eyes. he had been up so late recently working on the script. He cared so muck about food battle and every video we made, for that matter.

I didn't want to take any minutes of precious sleep from him after he'd been working so hard to make my life easier. I gently scooped him up and carried him to his room.

Gingerly, I laid him down on the bed, not bothering to undress him, and pulled the covers over him. I tucked him in well, enjoying that I finally had an opportunity to do something nice for Ian instead of just the other way around.

I could see the steady rise and fall of the blankets as he slowly breathed in and out. It had a calming effect on me. I had been sitting on the side of the bed but soon enough I was laying down atop the blankets of Ian's bed, slowly drifting off to sleep to the sound of his breathing.