Chp 7: I meant this...

IAN'S P.O.V.

"I'm sorry"

That was all I could say before Anthony ran over to me with a grin on his face, pulling me into a bear hug.

"Why would you be sorry?" Anthony said, not even releasing me. "If anyone should apologize, it should be me..." He finally ended the hug to look directly into my eyes.

"But Anthony," I stammered, "I was the one who sabotaged your wedding. I messed up stuff with the rings and then came back only to... I'm so sorry about that. You must hate me. It takes a pretty crappy best man to try kissing the groom on his wedding day..."

I sheepishly stared down at my shoes, hoping that he might forgive me, but why would he? I felt his hand on my chin as he made me face him. those beautiful brown eyes were filled with guilt, an emotion that I never see in them.

"Ian, you have nothing to apologize for. You saved me from making the worst decision of my life. After the kiss, I know that you saw the regret and hurt in my eyes, but they weren't for you! I felt bad about hurting Kalel... I had pushed our relationship past it's breaking point and ended up hurting her a lot more than if I would have just ended it earlier. That's why I seemed regretful. It was because of her, not the kiss. I never regretted the kiss.... " Now Anthony looked away, blushing slightly.

Did my ears deceive me? I don't know. Could he... ?

"You never regretted the kiss? ... Anthony, what do you mean by that?", I carefully questioned. He seemed nervous, but after a pause, he tried to explain.

"I... We've always... Ian..." he sighed, "I meant this." He pressed his lips against mine. His arms wrapped around my waist and I found myself kissing back without even thinking about it. The kiss wasn't rough. Nor was it gentle. It was a middle ground that achieved the perfect amount of sweetness and passion.

After what felt like only a few moments, we pulled apart for air and Anthony met my gaze again. "I'm sorry, Ian" he said. Before he delved into apologies again, I cut him off by saying "Don't worry about it" and kissing him once more.

Our kisses were now immediately reciprocated and Anthony was finally mine. How long had we been best friends? Why had I waited until his wedding day to finally find my real feelings for him?

When he pulled away from the kiss again, I looked into those deep brown eyes, and they only stared back at me. I wished that this moment could last forever, but alas, nothing can.

The doorbell rang, breaking the moment. We broke eye contact when Anthony went to see who was at the door. I followed close behind, wondering who it was and why they had to interrupt me and Anthony. We weren't expecting anyone...

~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello!

So, if you haven't noticed, I haven't posted in a good long while. The truth is, I feel like I've fixed their relationship and my work here seems done. I don't want it to be, but I can't write a good story without conflict, and I really don't want to make Kalel into a bad guy. Hmmm.

If you have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, mantras, life advice, fortunes, riddles, palindromes, etc, please feel free to comment below! I love feedback way more than votes.

Stay golden,

Vivitus

Pun of the Day:

When William joined the army he disliked the phrase 'fire at will'.