CHAPTER THREE: Ian's Realization

KALEL'S P.O.V.

I can't believe what I've done... I sold my wedding ring! How could I? I can't go back to apologize to Anthony without the ring. That's why I've been staying at this awful hotel for almost a week. Am I crazy? Not only am I being bride-zilla, but I've hurt Anthony and then abandoned him... for a week!

I have only one week left until the wedding. Can I pull this off? I haven't even called him. I'm just throwing this together without him. I hope he's been okay...

IAN'S P.O.V.

I slowly woke up to the scent of pancakes. Anthony seems to be taking care of me when it was his heart that needed mending. I wonder how he's been so chipper lately. He and Kalel seemed so close, but when his fiancé hits him and then leaves for a week, he doesn't even bat an eye.

Could I be wrong? Were there problems in their relationship before that I didn't notice? I need to ask Anthony and find out the truth, but this is the first time in a while that he's seemed so happy! I don't want to ruin that for him.

I snapped out of my thoughts to get pancakes. Slipping on pants and a random shirt, I groggily sauntered out to the kitchen. Anthony was professionally flipping pancakes.

"I didn't know you could do that," I said.

"And good morning to you too!" he replied with a laugh. "I though chocolate chip pancakes just sounded good for the start of a day." He smiled and resumed his chef work.

I didn't quite know how to ask him, but I figured that if I didn't do it now, I would never gather the courage to. I braced myself to ask the one question that had been haunting my mind...

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

I was flipping pancakes like a pro for breakfast. After surprising Ian with my skills, I returned to my skillet.

He had wandered out of the Ian-cave only moments ago. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him toss his messy bed-hair a little. Ian's bed-hair was like no other's. It looked crazy and made me snicker to myself a bit as I scooped the last pancake onto Ian's plate.

"Thanks," he said in groggy morning voice. His entire attitude towards morning was something that our viewers never got to see. Only I did, and I kind of liked that. That isn't weird, is it? Nah.

"Nice shirt!" I said pointing at it. He gave a confused groan before looking down to see that he was wearing the Smosh shirt with our faces on it.

"Oh, thanks," he said, taking the first bite of his pancakes. "Hey, Anthony. I know this seems like a weird, out-of-the-blue sort of question, and I'd hate to ruin your good mood but..."

No! He was going to ask that question wasn't he? I've been trying to avoid that question all week... Here it comes?

"Since Kalel left, why have you been so happy? Was there something wrong before that I didn't know about?"

My heart stopped. How could I answer this? Should I lie? No. I've never lied to Ian. I'll just try to be as honest as possible. That'll work, right?

"I kind of thought you'd ask that, actually. Yeah, me and Kalel have been fighting a bit. I pretty much always end up sleeping on the couch, but that was the only time she's ever hit me. I've been so happy this week though since it's just you and me, like old times. I really enjoy this. I know it sounds weird, but it's true: I've missed us. I want to believe that Kalel hitting me was a one time thing, but honestly, I don't know what our future holds. Maybe we aren't meant to get married... Maybe she shouldn't by my fiancé..." What was I saying? Ian must think I'm crazy!

"Maybe I should be your fiancé..." he said and I gave a little laugh. That's when I noticed that he hadn't laughed. Was he not joking?

When he saw that I had noticed this, he quickly said, "Just kidding! I'm done. Great pancakes. I'll clean my dish later." With that, he gave an awkward laugh and hurried back into his room. Had I offended him? What did he mean by that?

IAN'S P.O.V.

I can't believe I said that. Way to be insensitive, Ian. What had happened back there? I heard him say that maybe Kalel shouldn't be his fiancé and my brain conjured up this strange image...

*daydream*

It was the day of the wedding, but I couldn't find Kalel. Of course! She would be walking down the aisle! I turned to the aisle, but I didn't see Kalel. Instead, Anthony was strutting down the aisle with that same grin that he had greeted me with this morning. I turned to see who was at the alter, but found myself standing there. Was I marrying Anthony?

*end of daydream*

What was I thinking? By the time I'd snapped out of it, it was far past the normal time to laugh and Anthony was staring at me with a look made of confusion and worry. I quickly made my way back to my room to avoid questions.

But that daydream... What did it mean? Could I be developing feelings for my friend? No. Me and Anthony have been bestie's for so many years. Plus, he had Kalel. Or did he?