Chp 5: Wedding bells?

IAN'S P.O.V.

The look on Kalel's face was one of pure hatred.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'NO RING'?!" she screamed. I stood back as she threw something toward my feet. "Are you trying to sabotage our wedding?!"

I quickly ran from the bride's tent to check up on Anthony once more. He still doesn't know about the ring, but I'm sure he's still pretty stressed out. How could he not be? He's getting married. Why does that make me sad? I should be happy for him... I'm not a very good best man am I?

KALEL'S P.O.V.

It's the day of our wedding and the one most important order has been messed up... Not messed up, disobeyed. Why would Ian do this to me? Was he actually trying to break the engagement? I know I was a bit harsh that night that I left, but I didn't think he was one to hold grudges.

If he was going to try canceling this wedding, I needed to know. I picked up the train of my beautiful white dress and followed Ian across the set of our wedding party. Sure enough, he was heading into the Groom's tent. No! Anthony can't see me before we're wedded! Stupid traditions...

I carefully peeked through a slit in the fabric of the tent. There Anthony was, in his tux, looking down at his perfectly polished shoes...

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

How could I do this? My head was full of swirling thoughts and doubts that only seemed to calm when I saw Ian walk in. Never had I need so glad to see him in my life!

"Thank God you're here!" I said with exasperation. "Where were you, man?"

"I was at a pawn shop downtown," Ian said. He shook his head and added, "They had the ring that you gave Kalel..." while he looked down at his shoes.

My heart stopped. Kalel had sold the ring? Why would she do that? She was the one pushing to get married! In that moment, it felt as if my world was collapsing upon itself.

"Did you get the ring back?" I asked, and Ian gave a confused look.

"Uh... no?"

"What?! Why not?" I can't believe I was yelling at Ian. We never fight. I just couldn't wrap my head around this. "Why would you find the ring that I need for today, and leave it there?!"

"Because you shouldn't be getting married today!" he cried.

Did he just say what I think he did?

"Why not?!" I demanded.

"Because you have the wrong fiancé!"

Without another word, Ian stepped forward, put a hand on either side of my face, and kissed me in a way I've never been kissed before. After a moment of shock, I realized what was happening and kissed back. Why had I never seen Ian this way before. That was the first moment of the day that I hadn't felt any worry or anxiety. I just allowed myself to melt into the kiss...

IAN'S P.O.V.

"Because you have the wrong fiancé!"

At that moment, I don't know what overcame me. I glided forward and my lips met with his. I panicked when he didn't lie back at first, but then the kiss deepened and he leaned into me. I can't believe this was happening! I wanted this one moment in time to last forever...

But alas, it couldn't.

KALEL'S P.O.V.

Why was Ian telling Anthony about the ring?! He was trying to sat outage our wedding! But why? I listened closely...

"Because you have the wrong fiancé!" he yelled.

I didn't know what he meant. Then I saw it-

They kissed.

Ian's true motivation had been revealed. He was trying to steal Anthony from me! But then, just when I thought this couldn't get any more strange, Anthony kissed back!

That was it! I couldn't take it!

"YOU BASTARD!" I yelled.

I saw them turn to me with pure shock on their faces, but before they could say anything, I stormed off, letting my once gorgeous dress trail it's white satin in the dirt. I was done.

IAN'S P.O.V.

She saw us!

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

What have I done?