Chp 6: What now?

KALEL'S P.O.V.

How could I have been so foolish?

After the incident at the wedding, I got my stuff from the house and went back to the hotel that I had stayed at before. I had nothing to say to Anthony after what I saw. Nothing.

IAN'S P.O.V.

After the kiss that day and being discovered by Kalel, I looked over at Anthony and could easily read his expression. It said "What have I done?"

I couldn't believe it. I had kissed the groom on his wedding day. He had kissed back as if he liked it, but then his expression showed otherwise. I couldn't take it. So I ran.

It's been a few days since the "wedding". I hadn't spoken to or called Anthony since the kiss. Such a small thing that seemed to be messing up our friendship, but I could tell I wanted more. Anthony apparently didn't, so I left my stuff at the Smosh house and headed to a hotel where I could stay for a few nights to sort out these thoughts.

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

Ian had left after seeing my reaction. I regretted hurting Kalel, but never once had I regretted kissing him! That kiss was one blissful moment in time which I wish I could relive again and again... But he's gone. He thought I didn't want the kiss or something.

I miss him so much. He's always been here for me. Now the house feels so empty. It's probably my fault. I messed things up after he opened my eyes to the horrible decision I was about to make and opened a wonderful new door of opportunity. I had slammed it in his face. No wonder he left.

Kalel left too, but I had expected that. She took all of her stuff and was gone without a trace. With Ian gone too, the house was too empty... This place is too big for one person.

IAN'S P.O.V.

That was it. Anthony's absence was driving me crazy! Even if I made a mistake and ended the wedding, hiding in a hotel wasn't going to fix anything. He at least deserves an apology.

"Hi. This is Mr. Hecox in room 403", I told the concierge over the phone. "I'm going to be checking out today... Yes... I can leave before noon, if that works... Alright... Thank you."

I hung up and got the few things of mine that I had in the room. Most of my stuff was still at the Smosh house.

Exiting, I was about to close the door behind me but the door across the hall opened and I fled back inside. She stormed up to the door and started loudly thumping it with her fists. I stood behind it, gazing through the peephole at an angry Kalel.

KALEL'S P.O.V.

I had just recovered from the would-be-wedding enough to venture outside of my room, but when I opened the door, there stood Ian. He ruined my marriage and now he's here?!

He quickly hid behind the door when I approached.

"Open up, Ian! You have some explaining to do!" I shouted while pounding my balled fists on the door.

He eventually opened the door ever so slightly while keeping the top slide lock on. His eyes looked sad and apologetic, but I didn't care.

"I'm so sorry, Kalel...", he murmured. I still hated the bastard but tried to calm down a bit.

With a lowered tone, I said, "I don't want to hurt you. Just let me in. You owe me an explanation..."

I waited until the door slowly opened. Ian was cautiously standing there, looking afraid... and he should be.

I threw the door open and pushed Ian so that he stumbled back, tripped on a chord, and fell to the floor. Shutting the door behind me, I entered the room to ask him a few questions that had been on my mind.

"Why?!" I shouted. "Why would you ruin my wedding? Why would you try to steal my fiancé? Why would you do this to me?!"

He kept that same terrified look on his face but I could now see a hint of something else in his eyes... Regret? Maybe just sadness?

"I'm so sorry... ", he muttered. "If it helps or makes any difference at all, I think that he's still yours... "

I could now see the pain in his eyes. I should hate the guy, but I can't when he's like this. I'm no monster. I've just had a Hell of a week...

We both wearily say down on the hotel bed, and he told me his perspective.

IAN'S P.O.V.

I told her everything. I couldn't hold back. From that I saw her hit Anthony, to Anthony's apparent happiness in our week together, and so on.

I even told her about when I refused to buy the ring back. I expected her to kill me when I said that, but she only gave a guilty nod and said, "I see why."

I finally told her how I left after seeing Anthony's expression. She finally turned and made eye contact with me.

"Why would you leave?", she said, "He's yours. I got the answers I needed. Goodbye, Ian."

She left through the hotel door, not even bothering to shut it behind her and I never saw her again...

He's mine?

I decided that it was time to stop running away from my problems... Even the one that I've created for myself. I knew what I had to do.

ANTHONY'S P.O.V.

I parked in the garage and sullenly headed to the front door of my empty home. I fiddled with the keys and unlocked it. I stepped inside and shutting the door behind myself.

Then I heard the voice that I had missed so much come from the couch.

"I'm sorry..." Ian said.

I let a huge grin appear on my face as I ran towards him...

~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hello again!

I've noticed that many writer's on Wattpad leave notes at the end of their chapters. Would you guys want me to do something similar? If you have questions, suggestions, comments, advice, mantras, life goals, favorite colors, catch-phrases, dreams, etc., please leave them below! I'd love to hear from you!

#idontseehowthenumbersignbecamesopopular,
Vivitus

Pun of the day:
It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it.