CHAPTER THIRTEEN:A Proposal?

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

- Marcus Aurelius

Hii guys. Thank you soo much for your support. Neith has got above a 100 likes. Yay for that. I feel so happy that I am basically on cloud nine. Thank you guys again 😘😘.

Aahotep's Pov

The girl stood frozen. Her eyes were wide and face fallen. She was in a state of shock. I have seen this girl somewhere, her face was very familiar. I tried recalling from where, and then it strikes.

''Neith?'' I asked getting up. Her face fell even further. I think she was scared of me.

''Hi... '' she said softly.

I was slightly shocked at the way she addressed me. She was probably the first person who has addressed me so informally. I wanted to laugh cause I think she just regretted saying that. Her face says it all, kind of like reading an open book.

I moved a bit closer to see her properly. She was so lost in thought she didn't realize it and when she looked up she backed away so quickly she almost fell.

''Careful, I didn't mean to scare you or anything,'' I said, trying to stifle a laugh that threatened to slip out. She is such a klutz. No wonder Ammon and Adio kept worrying about her all the time.

That was when she looked up at me. Normally people avoid direct eye contact with me, being the Pharaoh and all but for some reason she didn't look away.

She really is quite strange.

''So what did you come here for?'' I ask taking a step back.

''I... um... I'm actually here to see you sire,'' she said still looking straight at me without a hint of hesitation.

''Me? You're here to see me?'' I asked confused. Why on earth would she want to see me?

''Yes, I came to see if Abu was here so he could take me to see you sire'' she continued.

I was about to ask her why she came but was interrupted by Abu as he walked into the room holding a tray with two clay cups.

''Neith? What are you doing here?'' he asks looking confused.

''Abu I will be taking Neith outside. You rest up for today, I will come and visit you later,'' I say before Neith could answer.

Abu was about to say something before deciding against it. He simply nodded and came to see us out. Once we were outside I asked Neith to follow me. I didn't want to disturb Abu so I thought we could go to a quiet place to talk. On the way I asked one of the guards to have the swnw (docter) look at Abu.

We then continued to walk in silence. I wondered what she wanted to talk about. I brought her to one of the quietest places in the palace. This place was usually used to practice your sword movements alone. Father had prepared it specially for me.

It was a quite and peaceful place, away from all the noise of the palace. I used to often come here to think as well. The cold wind brushed past us making me feel relaxed and at ease. I turned around and put up a small smile. I usually didn't smile much but since this was Adio's daughter I didn't mind.

''So what did you want to talk about?'' I asked as softly as I could manage. I didn't want to scare her or make her feel uncomfortable.

''Well it's about my brother. He has been acting weird since father, um... I mean the General passed away, '' she said sternly.