CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: Naïve

The way we choose to see the world creates the world we see.

- Barry Neil Kaufman

Hope you guys like the song 😍.

Neith's Pov

I stood by the door frozen. Aahotep was standing right in front of me in all his glory. It was almost like the first time we met, except this time he had an annoying smirk plastered to his face.

He seemed to enjoy startlingly me. Tsk... so annoying. I took in a deep breath and composed myself. I won't let him have his amusement. Not this time or any other.

''So I guess you have returned. Would have been nice if you were gone longer," I say, walking up to the study desk and taking a seat on the wooden chair. I opened a random book and hoped that he would get out of my room. I was in a good mood and I wanted it to stay that way.

''Now now, is that how you talk to your husband?'' Aahotep said. I could feel his smirk still intact on his dumb face. I turned and see him move towards my bed and sit on it.

"You are not my husband. You never will be. Let me make that very clear. I don't like you one bit," I said, my voice low and threatening. He can try and tease me all he wants but I'm not one of those stupid girls who swoon over him.

"Calm down tiger, I only came to see you because you said you wanted to tell me something important," Aahotep said. His smirk was gone now and although he seemed to not mind what I said earlier I could see that he was indeed slightly irritated by it.

Glad I got my message through to him.

''Well, first of all I want that personal maid Maiu removed. She was appointed by your mother or so she said. I can take care of myself just fine. Also about the dresses and the makeup, please have them removed too. I like my khaki pants and cotton tops and I plan on wearing them forever. I also would like to know where I could practice and when I would be able to challenge you. This is what I wanted to ask you,'' I said without a hitch. I heard Aahotep sigh.

''That's a lot of demands you got there. Well if mother appointed a personal maid than it's for your benefit. Besides she could provide you company if your bored. You can also dress however you want, but if there is any occasion or gathering you would have to dress up accordingly. You are the wife of the Pharaoh after all and the new Queen of Egypt even if you don't like it. As for challenging me once a day is permitted. For now you can train in the room that we had our duel in. If that's all I will be going back,'' he said without a pause.

I groaned inwardly. He did have a point for everything. Now I couldn't even argue back.

I did leave out something important but I couldn't say it. It was quite embarrassing.

I made things already clear so I didn't have to say it I told myself.

But my inner voice told me to make things even clearer. Besides that's the main reason I had asked to talk to him in the first place.

''There is one more thing,'' I said, looking at Aahotep straight in the face. I mustn't get flustered now.

''Well what is it?'' Aahotep asked looking unconcerned.

''I hope you won't try anything funny since we are you know kind of married,'' I said, try very hard not to look down at my hands or just run away.

''Funny? What do you mean?'' he asked looking genuinely confused. Was he really that thick?

''You know... um weird things newly wedded people do,'' I said. I felt my face heat up.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about. You can't show him you're embarrassed, I said to myself.

''Weird things? Like what?'' he asked, his tone had changed. I saw a slight twinkle of mischievousness in his eyes. He was teasing me.

''You know what I mean. Stop acting so dumb,'' I snapped angrily. Why did he have to tease me all the freaking time?

''I genuinely don't have a clue of what you mean. Can you be more clear?'' he asked, faking such innocence that even Aten would have believed him.

''Kissing! Ok that's what newly wedded people do. I forbid it,'' I yelled, my voice echoing through the room. After realising what I said I could feel my face heat up. I immediately looked down at my hands.

Damn, I shouldn't have yelled so loudly.

While I was cursing myself for letting my anger get the better of me I heard a roar of laughter. Looking up I saw Aahotep was laughing his heart out.

''Oh dear Aten, this women will be the end of me. I am sure to die of laughter one day because of you. Not in battle or due to illness but because of you,'' he said, wiping a single tear that escaped out of corner of his eye.

''Tell me one thing, is kissing all that a couple does?'' he asked looking at me holding back his laughter.

''Well yes,'' I said still confused to why he was laughing like a mad man. Did he really go mad?

He burst out laughing again. Did I say something wrong? I mean I didn't understand why he was laughing so much. I just sat there awkwardly, waiting for him to finish.

''You're still a naive little kid. Don't worry I won't kiss you. Little kids are not my type anyway,'' he said, humor still lingering in his eyes. 

"Hey! Who you calling a kid?'' I asked furiously. But Aahotep just smiled and left the room. What's wrong with him? Was I missing something? 

Oh no, I had forgotten to tell him that I met his mother. Well it was his fault anyway. His reaction totally caught me off guard.

I got off the seat and headed to take a bath. I could always wash off all my problems with a hot bath.

A/n:

Hey guys 😊. I'm back with a new chap. What do you think of it? I find Naive Neith pretty cute. What about you guys? Leave a comment and let me know.

If you liked this chapter please vote for it 👍. Also share this book with your friends and family to support Neith.

Hope you guys have a great day. Love ya!! ❤❤