TWENTY EIGHT: Make A Woman Out Of Me

Christmas is the day that holds all time together.

- Alexander Smith.

I love love this song. I cant emphasis how much I love it. 😍❤

Neith's Pov

My heart fell in my chest. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Why was Jabari a suspect for father's death? So it's true that Aahotep didn't kill father? Then why would he say such a thing?

So many thoughts ran inside my head. It was impossible for Jabari to have killed father, I mean he practically raised me and Ammon after mother died. He was family. This masked man was surely lying.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise the conversation had stopped.

"What have we here?" I heard Aahotep ask. I looked up to see him standing inches away from me. I stumbled back in surprise but fell flat on my bottom.

Oh no! This was bad.

"Didn't I tell you clearly to go back to your room and change,"Aahotep said slowly, his words held anger in them despite his almost emotionless face.

He moved towards me like a lion who stalks its prey while I just pushed myself back not bothering to get up. I tried to look away but his eyes seemed to have me petrified.

"I... um I just..." I tried to speak but I couldn't. Words didn't even form in my mind.

Just as I thought I was going to die I heard a voice that saved my life.

"Neith, there you are! Why in Aten's name did you run off like tha-" I heard Anka say.

I turned around and saw her standing still looking at me then at Aahotep. She was clearly confused seeing me on the floor and Aahotep looking like he was about to commit a murder.

"Anka, see to it that my "lovely" wife gets dressed immediately and heads down in fifteen minutes," Aahotep said, more like commanded both of us. I could see it made Anka very scared.

"Ye- yes, your highness," Anka stuttered and bowed.

Back in Neith's chambers:

"What did you do Neith? Why was Aahotep so angry?" Anka demanded as soon as we set foot inside my room.

"Nothing, I didn't do anything," I said softly, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Don't you dare lie to me Neith! Why did you run off like that and why was Aahotep looking like he would kill you any second?" Anka asked, glaring at me. I couldn't tell her. How could I? Besides I need to talk to Aahotep about it first. What I heard might just be a figment of my imagination.

"Calm down Anka. I just ran off to talk to Aahotep about the dress. I didn't want to wear it so I told him and we got into an argument which led to other things," I lied, trying to calm her down.

She eyed me suspiciously, "But how did you end up on the floor?"

"I just backed away and fell," I said, truthfully. She didn't seem satisfied but we were running out if time to get ready so she dropped the matter but I knew she would bring it up soon.

I was stripped of my former outfit. Then I was made to wear that awful dress. I mean it looked pretty and all but damn was it heavy.

How did people wear and walk in this type of thing all day?

After that was done Anka made me sit down while she did my hair and face. She was back to her cheerful self, thank Aten for that. Couldn't have so many people mad at me at the same time.