Chapter 45: Feelings

Hope you guys enjoy the music 😆❤❤. Its really amazing ❤❤.

Neith's Pov

"You can't head the army. That.... Its not possible," Abu said in horror. The lines on his face deepened making him look years older.

"Why can't I. I know how to wield a sword and I can do fine with a bow too. I have been trained by the Ammon, one of the best warriors. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I don't know or can't do anything," I said crossing my arms to my chest. There was this fire inside me that lit the moment I saw my old drawing. I have had enough of just sitting around and training when I could have done so much more. I had no clue what Ammon was going through nor did I see that Aahotep's mom was a conniving piece of #$%&.

All this mess was also in a way my fault and I needed to make things right. I was always in my own world, training all the time that I missed to see so many important things around me. So if my training got me in this mess it will get me out of it too. I will protect this kingdom and this era. I will make sure that peace will prevail. I had too. This was my way to redeem myself. Ammon and Aahotep almost gave up their lives to protect this land and I will do the same even if it costs me mine and no one can or will stop me.

"Neith, going to war isn't just about whether you can wield a sword or not its so much more than that. A great warrior is one who can make any kind of situation turn around to his favour. You need to know your opponent inside out. Their weakness, their strength. You must also be aware of your weakness and strength too. Battle strategy is the key element to winning or losing. You are too young. You don't have the experience or the knowledge to lead a Kingdom to war. And yes, you are a woman which means its not going to happen. I know you are an extremely talented fighter but we already have enough internal problems to deal with. We don't need to start a new one. So please Neith I request you to drop this insane idea," Abu said softly like he was speaking to a stubborn child.

"I have been reading up regarding strategies ever since I moved into this place. I know I might not have the experience but I do have the knowledge to head an army. I am not some small kid who just jumps to conclusions Abu. I have thought this through. I can not trust anyone else to do lead almost fifty five thousand men to war. I don't know who else is involved in this riot. I will lead the army and that's the end of this conversation," I said and left before Abu could say anything. No one was going to change my mind on this, no one.

I walked up to Aahotep's room. He still remained unconscious. He really did look soo much younger in his sleep, more relaxed and at ease than when he was awake. I wished I could have stayed and spent some time with him but I had more important issues to take care off so instead of going up to him, I walked up to the book rack situated at the side of the room and picked up a half dozen books. I gave Aahotep another glance and left the chambers, heading towards mine.

I placed the books on my desk and took out a few papyrus, a quill and an ink pot. I needed to make a few notes and think of plan to win this war. I didn't waste another minute and opened the first book in front of me. This was going to be a long afternoon.

*******

By the time I had finished, my head was ready to explode. I wondered how Aahotep managed to stay sane considering how much time he spent figuring out solutions to various problems of the country. No wonder he looked older than his actual age. This was more exhausting then actual physical training.

I laid back into my chair and massaged my temples to reduce the ache. I managed to read up on the Hittites army. I listed out a few of their strengths and weakness which I found out. I also listed out the strengths and weakness of our army too. I had a few ideas on the plan of attack but non of them seemed powerful enough. Just when I was about to write down another plan, I heard a knock.