Chapter 26: I'm On The Edge... Of Death...

I swing at Zirkon.. Sparks fly off my sword, with the force of my swing.

''You just don't give up, do you, boy?''

I swing at him again.

''I won't give up until you are dead.''

He dodges it, and rolls out of my way.

''Well, isn't that a little harsh, for you? You can't kill me, anyway.''

I lunge at him. He jumps out of the way. The battle turns into a fight of swings, lunges, parries, and dodges. We're evenly matched, unless he's going easy on me. In that case, I'm toast, because I'm giving my all.

''You saw what I did to the town. I could do that to many more places. I can kill many more people, and it will be your fault. Give up. Or you'll die just like that pathetic old man.''

The mention of my grandfather fills me with rage. I swing at him aimlessly. Desperately. Angrily. I manage to kick his legs out form underneath him. I'm about to hit him with my sword, when he jumps up, and kicks me back. I don't think he remembers there being multiple people, as he is only paying attention to me. I watch as Elizabeth jumps up behind him with a knife. She puts the knife to his throat. Only now he remembers her existence.

Will you do it, girl? Will you kill me now? Go on. Do it. Spill my blood.''

''I...'' He smiles, and in her moment of distraction, swings around, and hits her back. He blasts her with magic, and she goes flying through the air. She lands to the ground with a thud. I blast Zirkon with magic. He spins around, but not in time, and it hits him.

''Two against one, Michael.''

''Actually, three,'' I hear Harry say. He grabs Zirkon and punches him. He goes flying through the air again, and hits the ground hard. He struggles to stand up, and manages, but strangely, he's smiling.

''Not bad, all of you. But you are no match for me.''

He raises his hand, and there's a rumble. Stone breaks apart form the edge of the mountain. Snow whirls around him. He is the eye of the storm, and we are caught up in it. I struggle to hold my ground, struggle to not be blown away. I trudge slowly towards the center, towards Zirkon. Finally, I see him. I hit him with all I've got. He doesn't see it coming, too busy controlling his storm, and it hits him good. The snow thins, the wind stops, and Zirkon is lying on the ground. Harry's holding onto Elizabeth, his size keeping them both planted on the ground.

The two of them walk behind me, and watch as, once again, Zirkon gets up. This time he doesn't look happy, just furious.

''You're all going to die...''

We charge at him. He hits Harry, and kicks him back, does the same to me, then grabs Elizabeth's wrist and tosses her into the air. She goes flying, towards a cliff.

''No!''

I run towards her, towards the cliff, and jump up, grabbing her hand. Her weight pulls me over the edge. I manage to hold on to the edge.

''Nicholas!'' Harry yells. Zirkon hits him with magic, and he turns silent.

''No more messing around, Nicholas,'' Zirkon says with  a cruel smile. He steps on my fingers, as I hold on to the edge.

''You couldn't stop. No, you had to keep at it, you foolish boy...''

Then the last of my fingers slips, and I fall, together with Elizabeth, into nothingness...

Talk about a cliffhanger, eh? haha... You people are going to shoot me...