Chapter 7

"If we are all going to live here together, we need sleeping arrangements," Niall said. Everyone nodded in agreement, especially Ness, who nodded rapidly. When she had complained a few days ago and no one listened to what she thought should've been improved, she threw a bossy fit and stomped off to sleep outside the door where no one was. Liam had followed her.

"Ness, Liam, and Harry will sleep in this room. Anna, Zayn, Perrie, and I will sleep in one of the rooms down the hall. Louis, El, and Lilly will sleep in the room across the hallway."

"NO!" Lilly and Louis said at the same time.

"Deal with it. Get over your little hatred towards another! It's just for nights!" Niall shouted. Everyone looked at him, shocked. Niall never raised his voice like that.

"Whatever. Let's go," Lilly said, stomping into the room.

She sat down on the ground and stared at the carpet angrily. The door opened as El and Louis came in. Louis was glaring at Lilly. He hated her just as much as she hated him. She narrowed her eyes and watched him lie down on the ground next to his girlfriend.

Lilly finally stopped staring after awhile. She was extremely tired. She had gotten barely any sleep since the apocalypse started. Her and Ness had slept in trees, abandoned cabins in the woods, beds of trucks, even on top of cars. Her eyes shut as soon as she got in a comfortable position on the hard floor, and she fell asleep.

*~*~*

"We are now in lockdown. This is not a drill!" the intercom sounded. The teacher closed all the blinds and locked the door to the classroom she was in. Lilly grabbed Ness and sat in the very back of the room, out of sight.

The sound of gunshots echoed throughout the school. The screams of the bullet's victims following the booming sound. One scream stood out from the rest. It was his.

Lilly stayed silent as tears poured down her face. Ness glanced at her friend, worried about why she was crying. She didn't understand that this was the end of Lilly's world.

Lilly knew her brother was going to die, she just didn't want to accept it.

*~*~*

"Lilly, I love you. I'm not going to make it, I know." Lilly's brother choked out from his hospital bed.

Lilly shook her head.

"David, this will always haunt me. Please hang in there! I don't want to lose you! You were the best brother anyone could have. You were my best friend. Please, David. Please don't leave me," she cried, tears falling freely.

"I love you, my bright star. Stay strong," David whispered before closing his eyes forever.

*~*~*

"Lilly! Lilly, wake up! Honey, it's a dream!" El shook Lilly out of her slumber.

Lilly's eyes opened wide. She was crying and trembling at the memory of her brother's death.

"No, it isn't, Eleanor! He's dead! He's dead, and he is never coming back!" Lilly yelled.

El looked at Lilly, shocked. She took Lilly in for a hug and Lilly cried into her shoulder. El stoked her hair and let her cry freely.

Once Lilly was done crying, she separated herself from El and looked to Louis.

"What the hell is your problem?" Louis asked her, disgust in his features. Lilly's extreme sadness turned into anger in a split second. Just seeing his face brought her anger. If he spoke, that only added fuel to the fire.