Chapter 16

Louis sat sulking in his room, disappointed that the search was a complete and utter mess, he and his friend almost getting killed in the midst. He was also upset that Lilly had to come save them for the third time.

"She probably thinks I'm some baby that can't handle himself," he muttered to himself, playing with his fingers.

"No, I don't," Lilly said. She had come in to see if Louis wanted to play with her and Harry. Harry's idea. She walked over and sat next to him on his bed. "I will admit, at first I did think that. Mainly because I hated you, but now I know that it's hard to survive in this world. Things will jeporadize your life, but you just need people to help you get through them," she said, looking right into those bright blue eyes of his and smiling. He just stared at her, baffled that she could say something so wise.

"Now, come on. Harry and I were playing on the swing outside and wanted to see if you wanted to join," she offered, standing up and holding her hand out to help him up. He took it and she tugged him off the matress. She pulled him out the door and to the swing where Harry was standing.

Lilly took her hand out of Louis' before sitting on the swing. Louis frowned slightly at the loss of contact.

"Okay! Someone push me!" Lilly shouted to the two boys. Louis nodded and placed his hands on her back before pushing slightly. The swing went forward before coming back to Louis.

"Come on, Louis! Push like a man!" Lilly teased, urging him to put some power into the push.

He complied, using all of his strength to push her towards the sky. She went the opposite way that he intended her to; towards the ground.

"Well shit, Louis. I didn't mean that hard," she said from the ground, turning around to face him with a shocked face.

Harry burst into giggles next to him, covering his mouth to try to prevent them.

"What?" Lilly asked. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing. Don't mind me." He shrugged it off, a smirk still imprinted on his lips.

Lilly narrowed her eyes at him, scrutinizing his face. He just stared right back at her, not flinching. She sighed. "Fine." Her knees bent as she tried to stand up, wincing in the next second. Looking down, she found that her hands and knees were bleeding, the ground having scraped her up pretty bad.

"Sorry about that.." Louis said, pointing to her damaged body parts.

"Well how about you stop being such a dumb ass standing there with your finger pointing and help me up?" She grew irritated quickly. He started up at her words, moving to help her and lending a hand. She took it and heaved herself up, Louis not doing any of the work. Limping back to the house, she slid the glass door open and head into the kitchen to grab some water to clean the soon-to-be scabs. Deciding to check on Ness, she grabbed a water bottle and a cloth and walked into the living room, where she found Zayn bent over Ness; Ness was asleep, as she had been most of the time lately.

"How's she doing?" Lilly asked, sitting in the chair at the back. She unscrewed the cap of the water bottle and poured a little on the rag, pressing it to her injuries until most of the dirt was out.

"Alright, I guess. She was crying earlier and wouldn't tell me what was wrong." He looked down at her, bringing a hand to her face; the hand she had so closely studied; the one she let go of in the end.

"Don't get so offended," Lilly answered. "She does it with everyone. I'm surprised you didn't expect it." Putting the cap back on the water bottle, she threw it on the floor, never really caring about the messes she made. Unless they involved ones she cared about. Then it was a big deal and she thought twice about it. A water bottle wouldn't harm anyone.