Chapter 25

A/N So sorry for the long waits! We're back to writing now so updates should (might) be coming along quicker. Thanks for the reads and we hope you enjoy. xx

"Lilly! Lilly, wait." Louis called for the retreating girl. Lilly stomped toward her RV, ignoring Louis' calls. She flung open the door, not bothering to shut it because Louis would undoubtedly follow her inside. "Lilly, I didn't mean to say that. It just slipped out!" Lilly whipped her body around to face him, eyes blazing.

"How can you 'not mean' to say something, Lou? Believe it or not, I have feelings! You out of all people should know that, considering I broke down right in front of you countless times," Lilly said harshly. Louis cast his eyes downward. He felt bad for what he had said about her to Justin, and he really didn't mean it.

"'I never knew I would end up with this heartless thing?' Seriously, Louis? Do you really mean that?" Lilly asked, quoting Louis' words from just moments ago, her voice softening out of hurt. Louis' eyes snapped up from the floor, meeting Lilly's.

She looked so fragile - the exact opposite of the charade she put on for others. Louis' face fell in regret.

"No, love. You're perfectly fine the way you are. Even if you do seem just a tiny bit hardened to new people," he said, his blue eyes shining.

Lilly looked at the ground. Louis had this weird effect on her that nobody else had. He made her feel bashful, and cared for. He treated her like a human.

"I know, Lou. But if I let all these people in now, then they're almost guaranteed to leave me. I don't need to lose any more people," she murmured, keeping her brown eyes focused on the ground.

Louis half smiled at her before gently putting his hand under her chin, forcing her to look at him. "Hey. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

Lilly looked at him for a moment. "Promises are made to be broken, Lou."

Louis got closer to her, so their foreheads were resting against one another. "I swear."

Lilly smiled slightly before wrapping her arms around his waist. He held her close to his body, resting his chin on her head, enjoying the moment.

Lilly was the first to pull away, looking down. Her eyes flicked to her shirt, which was soaked in sweat and blood. She winced slightly, disgusted with herself for wearing the fabric for so long without washing it.

Louis noticed this and laughed lightly. "Why don't you change? Karen laid some shirts on the bed, I see," He said, peeking past Lilly, to the bed that sat in the back of the RV. Lilly nodded, walking toward the bed, her shirt already halfway off of her torso.

Louis couldn't help but look at the exposed skin of her back, eyes widening when he saw a flash of color in the lower-center of her back.

"Uh, Lilly? Do you have a tattoo?" Louis questioned. Lilly turned around, shirt now completely off, bra on full display. She wasn't very self conscious about her body. She had worked out basically her whole life, and she knew she was fit.

"Yeah, why?" she asked, one eyebrow raised. Louis shrugged.

"No reason, I just didn't think you'd have one. What is it of?"

Lilly craned her neck to see the ink on her lower back, smiling slightly when it came into view. "It's a scroll that has David's name on it. I got it a few weeks after he died. The tattoo artist tried to tell me I had to be at least eighteen to get it, but I may or may not have threatened him..." She trailed off, laughing slightly. Louis laughed loudly.

"That's my girl." Lilly blushed, slipping on a purple tank top.

"Want to show me yours?" she asked.