Chapter 20

5 Days Later...

"Harry! Oh, my God, stop!" Lilly squealed in between giggles. Harry's fingers ran all over her sides, tickling her. Harry and Lilly had grown unbelievably close over the time they had spent with one another, and Harry had done something not many people could do. He made her happy. All the time. She couldn't frown while Harry was around, and she enjoyed it.

"Umm... I might. If you say the thing," he said with a mischievous grin. Lilly rolled her eyes.

"No."

Harry laughed, then shrugged, tickling her again. She burst into a fit of laughter, squirming under his touch before falling onto her bed.

"Okay! I'll say it." She pouted, crossing her arms. Harry raised his eyebrows in anticipation, waiting for her to continue.

"Fine. I love you, Harry." She huffed, pretending to be angry, but a smile soon broke out, just as Harry's loud laughs filled the room.

"Finally!" he exclaimed. Lilly just rolled her eyes and let his laughter continue.

Ness sat alone in one of the rooms of Bill's big house. She had done this very thing ever since she could walk by herself again. Once she was healed, and could function by herself, the group pretty much let her be. Well, with the exception of Liam. He couldn't seem to be away from her. She had helped him become mildly normal again, and he couldn't thank her enough. But he would try to stay by her side, in fear of the thought that he would lose his sanity once again if he were away from her. But Ness made him go interact with his friends, now that he could. He would always do it, just to make her happy.

Zayn barely even looked her way now. He told himself that he would back off from Ness and spend more time with Perrie, and that was exactly what he was doing. Spending time with his lovely girlfriend, even if he was thinking of the girl in the other room..

Lilly hadn't let the secret slip, of course. She was better than that. And she couldn't let Ness fall backwards. Honestly, she had moved forwards so much in the past few years since it happened. Being with the guys had helped her a lot-- she had developed at least some sort of feelings for them. It was far enough established that she felt as if they were all under her protection-- like it was her job to ensure that none of them got harmed. Ness would preserve their lives with all she had.

As they were all sitting around eating their room temperature canned food, missing the hot chicken soup they had all had days ago, a low but loud mix of growls was heard. Ness, being the closest to the door-- she had been seated away from everyone else-- pushed the plaid curtains out of the way and looked through one of the four small windowpanes that were there. As soon as she saw the dilemma she would have to face, she involuntarily let out a squeak.

Reacting quickly, she closed the curtain and took out her knife, quietly telling everyone to pack up. They didn't object her decision, just doing as they were told. Ness had gotten them this far. To say they trusted her would be an understatement. Soon enough they were packed up, backpacks slung over shoulders and ears waiting for further orders.

"Head out back," she said, her voice the quietest they had ever heard it. "If you make noise I'll leave you for dead." Her eyes were wide, her breathing heavy as she tried to think of a plan to counter what she'd seen. She'd have to act fast. Purposefully, she didn't tell them what was happening-- she knew the fear would send them into a panic. "As soon as you get out there Lilly will find the lock for the back entrance of the gate. Don't shake the gate too much and don't attract attention."

By now they were all deathly confused, looking around in question. With a violent wave of her hands, Ness shooed them out the back door. They consented, staying in a straight line to not aggravate the already on-edge Ness. Ness did a once-over on the house, making sure nothing had been left. They wouldn't be returning to this house.