6 - Where She Lets It Go

A few weeks had passed, and we were getting to the end of August. Which meant for me a whole lot of work to promote my album, interviews, and outings. We were counting down the days until the album dropped, there being three of them left. I was finally finished touring the US as well as the extra shows that wrapped it up, and had some time before I headed back on the road for the Illuminate tour. I had mostly done tv interviews, Jimmy Fallon, Ellen, Late Late Show with James Corden and such. I was enjoying myself a little too much maybe, and was so relaxed. I sat laying on my couch in my apartment happy to be alone for once, only for the door to be rammed on. Sighing I got up and opened the door, only to be hit in the chest with a magazine. And then another. I saw that it was Andrew pelting them at me and yelled, "what the hell?!"

"I can ask you the same thing!!" He stated before picking up one of the books that served as ammunition to Andrew's hits to me. He handed it to me, only for my eyes to widen.

"CAMILA CABELLO: 'He lead me on, and then used me as inspiration for his music.' About Shawn Mendes in re to leaving her hotel after the MMVA's in Toronto, Canada."

I looked at Andrew, only to open the magazine to the article, covering my mouth as I read, walking to my couch. "None of this is fucking true! She lead me on. Then screamed at me, and I defended myself. Somehow we ended up fucking and I left giving her a snippet of Three Empty Words because she wanted to hear it. Just happened to fit the situation." I slapped the paper bundle on my coffee table, running my hands through my hair.

"Shawn. This isn't good. I called a meeting with Theresa, and Samantha, because we need to sort this out in any way we can." Andrew commented, leaning against the wall.

"You know I didn't want to get Samantha involved in my life, and now she fucking controls everything." Acting bitter towards the girl wasn't easy but it was necessary in this situation.

The meeting came along, and Addison looked at me confused as to why she was even there. I looked at her softly, already knowing what I had to do to keep my career in check. I had to get out of this contract. Get Addison into the arms of another, make it look like we were just a fling, nothing serious. That was the best way to handle this.

"So Shawn, Andrew, what's your idea to fix this?" Theresa spoke up, her thicker legs crossing at the ankles, her bright green eyeshadow coordinating a little too well with her pantsuit. Andrew and I both spoke up, but Andrew drowned out my idea.

"I think we should stop the contract." Was mine.

"I think we should involve more PDA with these two. It would show how much Shawn cares about her, more dates, try to get them in public to seem like Shawn didn't because Sam is still around. We could have Sam make a statement that she knows Shawn better than anyone else and knows what happened in that hotel room because he kept it truthful with her." I looked at Andrew like he was crazy, but of course Theresa thought it would be 'wonderful' for Samantha to get that practice and experience for clients in the future. And basically we were told to have at it and go with fake chemistry when we were together.

Well the issue was, that I was beginning to lose the dividing line between fake chemistry and the real kind.

Which is why I wanted to drop everything. The contract, the idea of having someone on my arm. I hated it because I knew what shit Addison was getting. I saw it every time I logged on to Twitter. I didn't want to hurt her, especially since she wasn't even dating her.

I began walking out of the building, just ready to go home and get ready to leave for my next tour destination: Amsterdam. Though before I could leave the entry of the building someone grabbed my wrist. Turning around I saw the familiar girl.