Chapter Six.

"For God's sake, Zayn, would you please just drop it!" I shout as I roughly push my hands through my hair. This was it, I'd had enough of how Zayn had been treating me, here we are again arguing about sex! He just couldn't get it into his stupidly thick head that I wasn't ready, or anywhere near ready to have sex with him. Yes we had been dating for a solid 5 months now, but I still hadn't felt like he was all in – or even if I was to be honest.

"Why, Y/N, why?!" he shouts and that was my mind set, this relationship was nothing any more, nothing but pressure and fights, I couldn't deal with it any more.

"We're done," I sigh, tears clouding my vision as I speak. I looked at Zayn and his eyes twisted as he stared back at me.

"Fine, you slut, I've been fucking someone anyway!" he roars at me and my heart sinks.

I had opened up to Zayn, I had let him in, and here he was, throwing everything back in my face. I don't respond as I run for the door, crying harder and sobbing into my sleeve as I make my way to my car. The minute I get inside of it, I let myself completely break down, I scream, roar and cry as loudly as I can and rub my now make up smeared eyes with the back of my hand.

-

"Y/N, that's not going to help you," Sarah sighs as she takes a seat beside me. I shrug and pour myself another glass of red wine, downing it as I watch reruns of Gossip Girl that have been on repeat.

"Babe, you know Zayn isn't worth it, you deserve so much better!" she tries to convince me as she watches me repeat the process of pouring wine and downing it over again.

"Yes, Sarah, I know that I deserve better, okay? But clearly that's not what I should have right now." I roll my eyes, watching as Chuck and Blair profess their love for one another on my TV screen.

"Well watching this certainly isn't helping you, Y/N." she scolds and reaches for the remote but I'm quick to push her hand away.

"No, Sarah, stop!" I groan and she looks at me, frowning, but decides not to say anything which is probably best.

"Well anyway... Darragh and I are going to Fantasy tonight... do you want to come? Maybe it will get your mind off things?" she asks, probably hoping that I'll say yes and get out of this hell hole of a flat where I shouldn't be left alone with my thoughts.

"No, I'd rather stay here." I mumble, cuddling up more into the blanket I had draped around me, my glass stuck to my hand, and my lips stained with red wine.

A little while later I wave to Darragh and Sarah who are exiting the flat, finally leaving me here to wallow in my own deserved self pity. What was I ever thinking when I got involved with Zayn? Of course he wasn't into me the way I wanted him to be, he only ever wanted to fuck the virgin, probably so he could boast about it to all of his friends. I guess I just expected better from a fucking twenty three year old, but no, all boys are the same. All except one... That's when my mind starts to change from the thought of Zayn to the thought of Niall... he didn't do that, he didn't treat me like that – well except the last time I saw him and he was acting like a complete and utter douche.

However, that could have been my fault... I was the one who ended everything between us, I was the one who didn't try and make any contact with him, and I was the one who hurt him. I wasn't as guilty about hurting him as much as I probably should have been, I mean he did break the rules – correction – rule. The only rule we had ever agreed upon – no feelings.

Niall should have known better than to fall for me, he should have known I didn't see him in that way, he was just there for the experience – the lessons. But then again, he was so sweet and so kind to me, and I have to admit, I did really enjoy it until it was all ripped away and I fell for that stupid prick Zayn.