Chapter Two

I sat on the bench underneath the tree at the top of the hill. Tears stained my face. Why did he lie to me? I cried thinking to myself. I hate what this is doing to him. The cancer is draining him and there is nothing I can do to help.

I watched the leaves fall from the tree and spread throughout the grass. With the sun over the horizon it made the world look a little less deadly. It made earth, for a minute, seem like a place where people can hope and dream. Hiding from the truth that earth is dangerous. The darkness clouds over people. Where the good die young.

In my mind, on repeat, I hear the song, If I Die Young. This isn't right, my dad is too young to die. He is my best friend.

I stood up, the people inside are probably wondering if I am okay, My dad and two brothers are here as Marcus and his nephew. I guess another lie. I shook my head and began walking back to the house. The wind began to pick up and I began to pull prices of my hair out of my bun. I have red hair the goes down to the middle of my back which makes it even harder for me to keep it out of my eyes.

I got into the house and closed the door behind me.

___

I sat on couch beside my dad, Marcus and him were trying to figure out the costs for my dad's treatment.

"David, Can you make some tea?" Marcus yelled to the kitchen.

"Sure." Said a man, it was quite obvious he had his face stuffed with food.

"I'll go help." I said standing up. I was no longer able to bare the talk about my dad's cancer. I pushed the kitchen door which revealed a table full of papers. The man had his back to me trying read one of the stacks of paper and trying to fill the kettle at the same time.

"Here." I said grabbing the kettle from him. The man turned around, it was David Tennant. I knew that I had a cheesy smile on my face.

"Thanks." He said sitting back down at the table. I placed the kettle on the stove.

It was a few minutes of awkward silence when the kettle went of. I pulled a few cups from the cupboard, surprised I actually new were they where, and poured the tea into each. I left mine on the counter without putting anything in it and walked over to the table.

"Have some tea." I said, placing a cup in front of him. "Do you want and milk or sugar?" I asked. He just shook his head. "Okay." I said placed the two remaining cups on a tray with the tea pot and the milk and sugar. (Yes I know, very British sounding) I managed to push open the kitchen door and got into the living room. I thought meeting David Tennant would be a little nice. I chuckled to myself while placing the tray in front of Dad and Marcus.

"Thanks." They both said in sync. I laughed and went back into the kitchen to put everything away. I put the kettle on the cool elements on the stove so that it would cool off, then I grabbed my tea and began to walk out of the room.

"Wait!" I head David Tennant say behind me. I stopped and turned around taking a drink from my tea. "Thanks for the tea." He said cracking and obviously fake smile.

"You're welcome." I said ready to turn around.

"Sit down." He offered pointing to a chair across the table from him.

"Are you sure? You seem really busy." I said looking around at all the papers he had.

"Please sit down?" He asked. This time a little more sincere. I shrugged and sat in the chair he pointed to.

"I have a slight feeling that you already know who I am." He chuckled.

"Well... Yeah, sort of." I said shyly. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Well, who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Melissa." I said. My voice almost cracking.

"Lovely name." He said. "Also sorry about before. I just wanted to make sure you aren't a crazed fan." He said.

"Thanks and no worries." I shrugged it off. "What are you working on?" I asked sipping my tea and pointing to the paper.

"Oh it's the script for season three of Doctor Who." He said pushing it aside.

"Cool." I said trying to think of words to say.

"Well actually I need someone to read lines of with me. Are you interested?" He asked.

"Sure, but I should warn you, I'm gonna suck at it." I chuckled. Placing my empty tea cup on my plate. I stood up taking both and placing them in the sink.

"Just read Donna's lines." He said handing me his copy of the script.

"Okay." I replied.