Chapter Nine

A phone call at three in the morning, I was sleeping on a couch and on the opposite one was Billie. Luckily my phone ringing didn't wake her. I looked at my caller ID and it was Kayla.

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked when I answered the phone.

"He attacked me again!" Kayla cried on the other end of the phone.

"What?" I half shouted. Billie sat straight up in.

"Please come back!" she cried.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I said hanging up the phone.

"What's going on?" Billie asked rubbing we eyes.

"A friend of mine was attacked. Do you want to come help me beat the shot out of a guy?" I asked pushing all my things into a bag.

"Hell yes!" she yelled a little to loudly. David came running out of his room groggily.

"What's going on?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

"A friend had something happen, I'm going home and Billie is coming with me." I said lifting my bag to my shoulder. Billie followed closely behind on the way to the front door. We are both still in our pyjamas but who cares.

"Okay, be careful. I'll tell your dad that you left when he wakes up." He said kissing me on the cheek and leaning against the wall. I pulled on my boots.

"Bye!" I yelled rushing out the door.

"So what happened?" Billie asked me as we pulled out of the driveway.

"My friend Kayla got into a bad relationship. Once the guy she is with punched her but she refused to leave him and now he has attacked her." I said.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Billie said angrily.