Chapter Eight

"Let's have a campfire!" Billie said excitedly.

"I'll help!" I said getting off the couch and following her outside. The fire pit is huge with benches all around the edge. I tore paper into shreds as billie stocked the fire place with kindling. I layered the paper around the wood and lite it.

My phone started ringing so I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Melissa! How's it going!" Kayla said.

"Well it turns out my father has cancer so not great." I said feeling my eyes begin to sting. Bullies grabbed my phone from my ear and put it on speaker phone.

"Hello!" she yelled excitedly.

"Is that? it can't be!" Kayla yelled into the phone.

"I'm Billie Piper!" Billie said excitedly. "And guess what!" She added.

"What?" Kayla replied instantly.

"David is here to!" Billie yelled. I sat stunned not know what to do.

"Oh my god!" Kayla yelled obviously fangirling.

"I've got to go now!" I said hanging up.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I'm bored." She shrugged and everyone came out. David sat beside me and I leaned on him.

"When do you leave?" I asked David.

"I'm here for the next week." He smiled holding me against himself.

The warmth of the fire made me happy. Although we all sat in silence and watched the flame nip at the air it felt normal. I could feel my eye lids get heavy and I drifted of into a peaceful sleep leaning against David.