Chapter 14

Leon's POV

I drove right over the pack border and I immediately felt heavy air. I pulled my car in the long driveway and made my way to the front door.

One of the omegas opened the door before I could and bowed in submission. I was immediately enveloped in a hug, my mate Gemma squeezed me so tight I almost couldn't breathe.

"I missed you so much." She said between sobs. I held her to me as much as possible. I haven't seen her in years. Being without my mate for so long was the worst thing I've experienced. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

"Missed you too baby."

I heard someone clear their throat. Gemma immediately separated from me and took the side of my brother. "You're late." He said pushing my mate out of the way. I felt anger surge through my veins. There was so much fear in her eyes, I could barely contain myself. He turned my mate into one of his little slaves. Mark snapped his fingers and a few omegas began taking my things and rushing them to my room. "What have you done to everyone?" He laughed and smiled at me, "Are you serious? I showed them who their alpha male is. This is what a powerful pack looks like. It's natural for a pack to fear their alpha.".

I scoffed and glanced around the room. The building was quiet and all of the pack members seemed to be hiding in their rooms. I turned to Mark and sighed, "What would dad say if he saw what you've done? We were raised better than this." Mark immediately frowned and rolled his eyes, "Dad was a coward. He was weak and you know it. Whatever, I'm done talking. I have work to do." He motioned for Gemma and I to follow and they turned to leave. I watched as my mate, my true soulmate, crumble under the tyranny of my eldest brother. I followed him upstairs to his office. As I entered the office, I could immediately tell that he redecorated. the room seemed darker and colder. All of the pack generals sat around a large table, My brother joined them at the head of the table and motioned for me to sit adjacent from him.

"Where are we?" Mark said. Our head general, Tate, stood up and cleared his throat, "The Blood Moon Pack has 850 square miles of territory and they are allies with majority of the packs touching them. The only one we could recruit would be the Yoterri Pack. They're a small pack but they would increase our numbers."

Mark leaned forward and sighed, "That isn't enough. What about the Villas Pack? They're strong and they have the numbers we need." I watched as they continued to plan. I couldn't stop thinking of all the bloodshed that they'd be spreading. Gemma patrolled around the table refilling the generals' drinks. She made sure to avoid eye contact with any of them and only looked up to make eye contact with me. Even though it was only for a second, I could still see how the light brightens the brown of her eyes. Every single detail of her iris is burned into my memory. It hurts me to see her like this. 

"What the fuck are you looking at?" The general sitting beside me yelled while slamming his hand against the table. Gemma immediately looked at the floor and coward in fear. I stood and grabbed him by his shirt, "You better watch your tone when you speak to my mate." 

My brother pulled us apart and pushed me toward the door, "Get out and take her with you. You're interrupting my work." I scoffed grabbing Gemma's hand and leading her out to the office. I lead her to our bedroom and sat down on the bed. she hugged me and began crying into my chest. I squeezed her as tight as I could and told her that I would never leave her again.

Later that night, we gathered for dinner in the dining room. It was a massive room with enough tables and chairs to house a pack two times our size. The room was quiet, all the families were eating in silence. The only voices heard were the ones of my brother and his friends. They all sat at the biggest table, laughing and chatting about their day. Gemma and I sat in the farthest table away from everyone else, "Gemma I have to talk to you." She took another bite of her food and leaned toward me, "What's wrong?"