06

"What the hell?" Valerie huffed as she pulled at the chains wrapped securely around her ankles stopping her from getting up. Grabbing her phone from the bedside table next to her she dialed Klaus' number.

As soon as he picked up the phone Valerie was huffing "Klaus I swear to god if you've done something-" he cut her off before she could start assuming things. "Don't worry love I've got it handled." She growled slightly when she replied "then why am I handcuffed to the bed, you may be kinky but I'm not. I expect to be uncuffed as soon as possible." Klaus chuckled slightly "I'm just taking small precautions to secure you and our child's safety."

Valerie rolled her eyes "As much as I love knowing you care about me I'd prefer a different technic of this." Valerie could practically hear the smirk on his face as he talked "Well duty calls I'll see you soon." Before Valerie could utter a word he had hung up. "Damn you Klaus."

"What the bloody hell happened here?" Rebekah quickly snapped the chains letting Valerie free as she replied "Klaus is up to something." Rebekah sighed "When is he not? I'll go find him, you stay here we don't want a grumpy Klaus." Before she could protest Rebekah had already sped away.

There was no way in hell Valerie was going to stay back not knowing what's going on. She quickly paced over to the wardrobe and chucked on some jeans and a baggy top and jogged downstairs to the door. She slipped on her white converse and opened the door. A gasp escaped her mouth as her jaw dropped.

"Hayley! What are you doing here?" Valerie jumped at her with a large hug that was quickly returned. "I have family business here and I'm looking for Klaus Mikaelson?" Valerie stood back abruptly "Why are you looking for Klaus?" Hayley furrowed her eyebrows at her tone of voice "What, do you know him?" Valerie snorted in amusement. "Eh you might as well come in. I don't know when he'll be back said he was working or something."

They both sat down on a couch as they began talking about life and catching up with each other. "So are you going to tell me why you're looking for Klaus of all people?" Hayley sighed as she began explaining "I was searching for any family or family pack left and Klaus said he'd help if I gave him information on Katherine Pierce. So that happened and here I am." Valeries eyes widened in shock "So your family's somewhere in New Orleans?"

With a nod of her head Hayley then questioned Valerie. "So are you going to tell me why you're with Klaus here?" Valerie looked down at her lap "I can trust you right?" Hayley furrowed her eyebrows "of course you can we've known each other all our lives."

"I'm pregnant." She blurted it out so fast Hayley could barely hear it as her eyes widened. "With Klaus' baby? Wait- you had sex with Klaus!" She rolled her eyes "Spare the judgement I've had enough of it to last a lifetime."

~

A door slamming pulled the two girls out of their small conversation as Valerie started walking towards the door "Klaus is that you!" Valerie jogged down the stairs making sure she didn't miss him as he sped through. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" He finally stopped walking and turned around to face her noticing Hayley behind her. "Hayley, what a pleasant surprise. You have a bit of explaining to do Valerie." She rolled her eyes at his hard stare "I've been friends with her for as long as I can remember."

Klaus lifted his arm harshly as he pointed to Hayley "So that means we trust everyone you've known before? Go ahead, spill your whole life story to her." Valerie scoffed at his dramatic state. "If I say we can trust her, we trust her. You understand me? What's got into you today you're all grumpy and moody."

"I've been securing you're safety just for you to throw it all away when some girl shows up at our door!" Valerie scoffed "Safety? Leaving me chained up, vulnerable for an attack is not keeping me safe!" Klaus faltered slightly, realising his mistake - not that he'd admit that. She then pointed her finger to his chest "You don't control me Klaus, remember that next time you think of pulling a stunt like that again."