07

Valerie and Hayley were walking to the Bayou clinic to have another check up on the baby

Valerie and Hayley were walking to the Bayou clinic to have another check up on the baby. Valerie shivered as a bad feeling crawled up her neck. Before the pair could even enter the clinic they were ambushed by men. Hers eyes widened at the sudden attack and Hayley pushed her behind her. The men marched forward towards them and Hayley defended herself by kicking him up to the head knocking him out.

They both ran as fast as they could until another few came up towards them. Suddenly, their heads were snapped and revealed Rebekah standing behind them. "Have to say, I'm impressed." Valerie sighed in relief "How did you find us?" Rebekah smiled "Your text got me halfway, vamping here did the rest. Who are they?" Hayley scowled "Witches. Warlocks. Whatever." Rebekah notices more men with flashlights in the distance heading toward them. "There're more of them. Run!" Hayley went to run away but hesitated when she saw Valerie staring back at the vampire in worry. Hayley grabbed her arm pulling her along with her. "She'll be fine, she's an original."

Rebekah mutters to herself. "If I had a dollar for every mess my family has got me into..." Rebekah is shot in the heart with two arrows, which temporarily neutralize her and she falls to the ground. Hayley sees her go down and Valerie gasps in sadness. "Rebekah!" The human and the werewolf is shot in the shoulder with an arrow, which seems to be coated in something that causes her to pass out and fall to the ground as well.

Rebekah is walking around after awakening and looking for clues as to where Valerie and Hayley could be. She sees the doctor passed out on the floor next to the used syringe. Suddenly, Klaus appears. "Wow! You abandoned your quest for power to help out your family! Having an off day?" Klaus gritted his teeth and asks calmly "Who took her, Rebekah?" Rebekah cringed slightly "I don't know." Klaus froze "What do you mean, you don't know? And who killed her attackers?" Rebekah yelled out "I don't know! I had an arrow in my heart. If it wasn't Hayley who killed them, then–" She is cut off by wolves howling in the distance. Klaus raises his eyebrows at her for stopping. "Lovely. Maybe her cousins will know where she is." Klaus follows her outside, speechless. When they exit the building, they see Valerie and Hayley stumbling toward them, their clothes ripped and dirty. Hayley was supporting Valerie as her wounds healed slowly. "Valerie." He breathed out in relief. "What happened? Tell me what happened." He demanded Hayley. "I can't remember." She replied groggily. Klaus anxiously checked Valerie for any wounds and took her from Hayley's hold. "She's completely healed. There's not a scratch on her."

"It's the baby. The vampire blood-- Klaus' vampire blood-- in your system. It can heal any wound." Klaus turns and stares at her incredulously "Your own child healed her." Klaus smiles at the thought as Rebekah turns the subject back to Hayley. "How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds!" Hayley spoke quietly as a reply "I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect me and Valerie." Klaus angrily points to Valerie "The witches were supposed to protect her! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux-" Hayley shook her head "It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes."

"Fine! Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me! I'll slaughter the lot of them!" Rebekah huffed "Not if Elijah gets there first." Valerie lifted her head lazily "Elijah? Is he back now?" Rebekah smiled at the poor girl "Thank god you're okay. He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of you and Hayley." Hayley smiled at the thought of Elijah protecting her "Hey, so... can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days..." Valerie stands up and nods in agreement. When she goes to walk, her knees buckle as she stumbles and starts to fall, but Klaus zooms over to catch her before she hits the ground and scoops her up into a bridal-carry in his arms.

"I've got you, love. I've got you."