08

When Valerie woke up Klaus was at her side with his hand in hers

When Valerie woke up Klaus was at her side with his hand in hers. She smiled faintly at his act of affection and coughed to get his attention. He let out a breath of relief seeing her awake, she had been out cold for hours. He leant down towards her with a stern expression "Whoever did this to you and our child will pay, you have my word on that." Valerie nodded and leaned up towards him to try and get out of the bed. "You don't need to worry about me Klaus, you have bigger problems."

He was unhappy with her response. "It's my main duty to protect you, as our unborn babies father, and you're... partner." He hesitated at the last part of the sentence, unsure of their relationship. "Partner?" She raised an eyebrow mockingly. She then sat up feeling dizzy still but ignored her slight headache and stood up.

"I have some business to attend to, you stay here and get some rest." Before he could leave Valerie quickly grabbed his arm stopping him with a soft look on her face. "Be safe." A hint of a smile graced his face and be quickly placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

Valerie made her way downstairs and heard the doorbell go off. She furrowed her eyebrows wondering who that would be. She cautiously opened the door to see Tyler Lockwood standing there. "Tyler? What the hell are you doing here? Klaus could find you!" His face filled with guilt as he quickly bashed her head against the side of the door, knocking her out immediately.

When she woke, she found herself in a small cabin in the bayou. She felt an immense pain in her head and brought her hand up to feel it, she saw blood when she looked at her hand and cussed under her breath. Footprints were heard and she snapped her head up to find Tyler standing there.

"Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole Original family has made some sort of pact, or something, to keep me and the baby safe. So, if you hurt me, they'll kill you." Tyler scoffed "What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" Another wolf, Dwayne walks into the shack and joins them. "You ready for this?" Dwayne nods "Let's do it." Tyler digs in a bag and draws out a large syringe, and Valerie's eyes widen in fear.

Scared, Valerie tries to crawl backwards "What are you doing?" Dwayne walks over and holds her down. Tyler crouches down in front of her. "Tyler, please. NO! Tyler!" Tyler snared at her "Klaus destroyed everything good in my life! So, I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most!" Valerie cried out hoping to stop him. "NO, PLEASE! TYLER, PLEASE!"

Tyler jams the syringe into her stomach and draws out a measure of her blood. Valerie screams in pain. One he removes the syringe from her body, he jams it into Dwayne's neck, injects the blood into him, and snaps his neck as Valerie watches in horror. She quickly holds her stomach, scared for the baby's life.

"Don't get all judgy! Dwayne knew what he was getting into. He volunteered!" Valerie glared at him "I didn't volunteer for this you prick." Tyler rolled his eyes. "Dwayne is a werewolf who died with your blood in his system. The same blood you share with your hybrid baby."