03

"Nik!"

Valerie was awoken by loud shouts and the sound of the door slamming. Quickly chucking the cover off her body as she ran out of the room. She was shocked by the appearance of Rebekah.

"Rebekah?" The barbie Mikaelson turned to Valerie as she heard her name. "What are you doing here?" Valerie raised her eyebrow at her. "What are you doing here? I thought you wanted nothing to do with Klaus."

Rebekah scoffed. "Well, when a certain brother goes missing I find it slightly suspicious." Valerie gasped. "Elijahs missing? But I saw him yesterday." Rebekah narrowed her eyes as an idea popped into her head. "Who was he with?"

Valerie groaned. "Klaus did something to him didn't he?" Rebekah nodded. "Probably, It's what he's always done!" Her voice became louder so that Klaus would hear.

"Now Rebekah, that's no way to talk about your brother."

Rebekah glared at him. "What have you done with our brother?" Klaus smirked at her. "Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I." Rebekah, who had gotten up to leave the room, turns back to Klaus. "I remember everything."

The two siblings both obviously shared a memory as Valerie stood there feeling awkward.

"He wasn't good enough for you." Klaus stated. Valerie huffed in annoyance and tried to leave the room. "Now where are you going love?" Valerie glared at him. "I'm going to visit a friend."

She then left through the front door before he could stop her. Luckily, the shouting started again meaning Rebekah had distracted him.

She walked down the street making sure to stay wary of where she was and walked into a random bar. She thought this is where she might find him.

She grinned as she saw the face of the old vampire she had once met before. "Marcel!" Marcel's head snapped over and looked shocked when he saw Valerie standing there. "Remember me?" Marcel grinned. "Valerie! Hasn't been long since we last met, what brings you back here?"

She sat down next to him at the bar and quickly made up an excuse. "I'm here with Klaus actually-" she stopped to see the yet again shocked face "-I know shocking, but certain events have lead me here."

"Well it's great to see you again, here let's have a drink to thank you for saving my life last time." Valerie felt nervous as she knew she'd have to have a drink otherwise It would look suspicious. "Sure, but make it weak I'm not very good with my drinks."

Just as Marcel orders the drinks, Klaus enters the bar. Valerie sighed and shrunk in her seat. "Well this is a far cry from last night's ordeal." He then spots Valerie in the seat next go him and frowns slightly.

Marcel is looking somewhere else though and Klaus and Valerie look over to see a girl. "Still pining over the waitress from Rosseaus I see?" Marcel just sighed and Valerie raised her eyebrows at Klaus' friendliness, he was planning something and she knew it.

"It's a work in progress." He then took a big gulp of his drink. Whilst Marcel was turned away Klaus signalled Valerie to leave by nodding his head towards the door. Huffing, she turned to Marcel. "Well it was nice seeing you again, I'll leave you to it." He smiled at her and she walked out of the bar.

Valerie decided to go to the market, thinking there might be some nice vintage stuff to buy.

As she walked there she smiled happily down at her stomach as she rubbed it gently. This caught the attention of some people passing by. Valerie then noticed the people looking intently at her in what she guessed to be interest and decided to quickly walk away just in case.

She walked down a dark road on her way back to the mansion. She made sure to keep looking in case someone was following her. All of a sudden she heard the sound of footsteps chasing her. She decided to be brave and turn around. She came face to face with a vampire.

"Bad decision, shouldn't of come here." Valerie scoffed. "I am so sick of vampires trying to telling me what to do." Then more vampires came out from around her and started to run after her.

Luckily for Valerie, the vampires had their hearts ripped out by Rebekah. "Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners." Valerie grinned at her. "Thank god for you."

Valerie, Rebekah and Klaus were now at home. Klaus was chucking the bodies that Rebekah had killed saving Valerie into a fire.

"This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the quarter and you happen to be carrying one. I had a plan and your little stroll put it all in peril!" Valerie glared at him. "Actually Klaus you never told me not to go out! So don't you dare try telling me I'm to blame here."

Rebekah tried walking to one of the bodies that was still alive to kill him. "Leave him! Don't you think you've done enough today? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a god damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that he could save it from your rotten, selfish self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the baby or Elijah! Because what have you done to honour it?"

Valerie smirked in her head at her. Having the guts to speak to him like that. Well, Valerie did as well.

She got see Klaus getting really angry so she decided she wasn't having it anymore. "You know what, you can both have your petty argument whilst all of Marcel's little angels can hear you screaming, whilst I go and watch the walking dead."

Klaus watched her figure strut through the front yard as she entered the house.

---

Valerie had given up on watching the walking dead after 2 episodes. She had decided to go steal the daggers Klaus uses to temporarily kill his siblings. She found it unfair that he did that. And plus it's not like he'd kill her for taking them.

Once she had successfully sneaked into what she called the coffin room, she looked around for where he could of kept them. She rolled her eyes when they were right in front of her. Great hiding Klaus.

She then carefully took them upstairs to meet Rebekah. "Hey, I wanted to say thanks for saving me back there." Rebekah smiled at her. "Us girls have got to stick together." Valerie nodded. "Look I know we didn't really get along in Mystic Falls for obvious reasons, but I'm willing to start fresh if you are."

Rebekah studied her for a second and then nodded her head smiling. "Okay, since you are the mother of my niece, I will have to treat you nicely." Valerie let out a small laugh. She then remembered the daggers. "Oh I have something to give to you." Rebekah looked up in interest then gasped when she saw daggers.

"How did you get these?" Valerie smirked. "When I want something I always get it." Rebekah rolled her eyes but smiled still. "Consider it a favour for saving me, now you can't be daggered by Klaus."

Rebekah looked at them in amazement, feeling happy she took the mother into a hug. "Thank you." Valerie nodded. "Well I should go to bed, staying up late probably isn't good for the baby." She nodded in agreement and let the girl go.

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in ages, I'm so inactive ajakka. I'm going to try and update as much as I can in the holidays which is in a week!