Chapter 6

"He's a liar, mom," Amelia said with a brittle voice as she kneeled down at her mother's grave.

"He said he'd never forget me. He lied." She spoke to the gravestone.

She wasn't crazy. She knew she would never get an answer from her mom, never again, but this was the only place where she could release her feelings and cry undisturbed.

"He is going to marry. He must really be in love if he'd go through the kingdom to look for one person." A tear fell down from her eye. Since two weeks ago, she hadn't been able to sleep. She was too afraid to wake up and hear that the Prince had found the owner of the shoe he was carrying. She thought she had accepted the fact that she was not longer a part of his life. She was wrong. She knew that one day Kris would marry another girl, probably a beautiful Princess of a powerful house. She thought she could congratulate him on the wedding sincerely. She was wrong.

The Prince had announced that at the ball, he had found the one he wanted to marry, whom he, however, had lost. He had found the shoe that belonged to his "soulmate" and he'll marry the person whom the shoe belonged to. Therefore, the Prince was travelling through the Kingdom to look for his future wife.

Meanwhile, in the castle, Kris was running as fast he could, heading to south garden with a bright smile on his face.

"Cathy," he called cheerfully as he saw the beautiful and familiar figure of his older sister. Catherine was five years older than Kris. She was the only Princess and Kris' only sibling. He loved her more than anybody. They used to be of one mind. The day she left, Kris had hidden in her linen chest, wanting to go with her. When his parents had found him, he had cried and begged them to let her stay until her coach had disappeared completely. She had married the neighboring Kingdom's Prince and two years ago, she had become the Queen.

"Long time no see, how is my Kris doing?" she said as Kris almost jumped on her and hugged her tightly.

"Good, and you?" he asked. He stepped back a bit to take a better look at her before he embraced her again. "God, I missed you so much," he whispered.

"I missed you too," replied the Princess, Queen, Cathy, grinning. "So when can I see that person who stole my little brother's heart?"

"I'll tell you about that later. Come, I want to show you something," Kris said, changing the subject. He grabbed his sister's hand, and pulled her out of the garden cheerfully.

"Kris, I have to visit our parents first," the Princess told her brother who just ignored her.

"Oh, Cathy, they can wait, I want to show you something now. You'll be so surprised. I promise," Kris said happily. Whenever they were together, Kris would turn into a naughty little boy again.

The Prince stopped in front of a big wooden door, causing his sister to smile as she realized his intention. Kris opened the door for her and she stepped in, looking around carefully.

"My old chamber," she said in surprise, "It's still as I left it."

"I told father not to change it. I want you to feel at home when you're back. I know how much you loved your room. You chose every single item and decorated the room on your own, do you remember?" Kris told his sister proudly.

"Of course, thank you, Kris," Catherine said. She sat down on her old bed and touched the bed sheet with a smile on her face as memories ran through her head.

Kris spoke again. "Do you remember that time when Liam, Rory and I played hide and seek in your room and broke your favorite vase? You wouldn't talk to us for three days." The siblings laughed at the memory.