{ Wings }

"It's ridiculous to submit that I murdered Helena. She was my best friend." Diana protested haughtily as Kris accused her to be the murderer.

"Your majesty, everyone knows I wasn't in town the whole week because of my husband's funeral. How should I manage to do it when I wasn't even here?" She added.

"You're lying. You were here. You were in the castle together with Alex and you killed my mother." Amelia said, causing Diana to laugh.

"Oh sweetheart, you're talking nonsense. I hadn't seen your mother for over a week before her death. Instead of accusing me, you should rather show thankfulness. I cared for you for years as if you're my own child. Is this what I get from it?" said the woman, playing the innocent one.

"You—" Amelia tried to protest as Kris cut him off.

"How dare you lie shamelessly in front of the King's family? You cared for her like you own child? You rather treated her like trash." Kris stated, grabbing Amelia's hand, pulling the fragile girl closer.

"My prince, I know you love Cind--, I mean Amelia; but you still shouldn't believe everything she said. Only because she doesn't like me, she still can't claim me to be the murderer without any evidence." Diana replied calmly, being absolutely sure there was nothing that could prove her guilt.

However, she was wrong. She failed the moment she underrated the girl named Amelia Rosewall.

"Enough talk. Kris, show us the evidence or I'm going back to the castle. We still have to find your sister." The King said, and everyone held their breaths.

"Yes, father," replied Kris before turning to Diana. "Please show us your medallion, the one the King gave you as a gift."

Diana was shocked for a second. She didn't know what the young prince was up to, but she knew he wouldn't find anything.

"What is this going to be? What do you want with my medallion?" She asked.

"Just show it to us. You still have it, don't you?" Liam, who accompanied the Prince, questioned back. Knowing she hadn't lost the medallion at the crime scene, Diana felt certain. Without any hesitation, she handed it to Kris.

"Of course, I still have it. It is a crime to lose the king's gift," answered the woman with a smirk. She thought she had won. Yet she was so wrong.

"Amy, is this it?" Kris asked and gave the medallion to her. Taking it, Amelia looked at it carefully as if she was looking for something.

Silence filled the room as everyone looked at her curiously. And then, she found it. The evidence.

"Your highness, on the first sight this looks like every other medallions. But the truth is, even if they are all the exact copies of the others, this one is different." She finally said. By that Diana let out a haughty laugh.

"This is so ridiculous. How is it different?"

"Because... It belonged to my mother, my real mother." Amelia answered, causing the three adults to look confused.

"What are you talking about, my dear?" The Queen asked.

"Your majesty, I'm saying that this medallion belonged to my mother and it was taken away from her the night she died ... by the murderer." The young girl explained, pointing at Diana.

"This is absurd. This is mine unless you can prove the opposite. Is her name written on it?" Diana asked with sarcasm.

"Yes, it is" answered Amelia as she opened the medallion. Everyone looked at it curiously and then they saw it, a gravure. His stepmother paled in fear. There was 'Geroge A.– Helena – Amelia" written on it – or rather in it.