{ Our Nightmares }

WARNING

A part of this chapter is rated. It's marked and you'll notice it very well, but I still want to warn you (underaged readers) from the beginning.

IMPORTANT

If you skip that part, you'll still understand everything upcoming. 

__________________________________

A loud scream ripped Alex away from his sleep. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and got out of the bed. It was his mother's scream, he could say. Immediately, he knew she was having a nightmare again. Since Amelia moved out, his mom hadn't slept peacefully for one second.

"Aunty," Diana turned around as she recognized the little girl's voice.

"Amy, what do you have there?" She asked nicely, pointing at the girl's hands which were forming a ball.

"Aunty, look, I got a fish." Amelia said, running to Diana and showed the young woman a little goldfish, struggling in the lack of water.

"Oh, Amy, you can't take a fish out of the water. It'll die." Diana explained to the girl and placed her hands under Amelia's to hinder the last water drops from falling down.

"Let's bring it back to the pond safely, all right?" she asked, smiling.

"Goodbye little fishy," Amelia waved at the tiny animal that was now swimming away happily in water.

"Aunty, is it happy now?" She asked with his cute childish voice.

"I guess so, goodbye fishy" answered Diana as she kneed down, waving at the fish. Amelia smiled brightly and wrapped her little arms around Diana's neck, hugging the woman tightly.

"Thank you, Aunty," she said.

"Amy, you're soiling your aunt scarf," Helena said, walking towards them, followed by Kris.

"I'm sorry," apologized Amelia.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Diana said sincerely. She loved children and it had never been a burden playing with them. She still clearly remembered the day she realized she was pregnant. She had been ready to become a mother long time ago. She wasn't afraid, not even for one second. Not even when she was lying in her own blood and the doctor told her to continuing pressing. The moment she knew she was having two instead of one baby. Unlike her husband, who almost freaked out as the doctor told him about the twins, she felt happiness overwhelmed her body. Such strong happiness that took away the pain that was paralyzing her body. The worst pain a human could bear, but the only pain that made her a mother.

"Hey, honey," Helena pulled out a tissue and cleaned Amelia's hands. "Kristian was looking for you. Why are you playing alone?"

"Mom, Kris is being mean to me. He forced me to climb on a tree with him. It was this big." The little girl told her mother, throwing her arms in the air to show how huge the tree was.

"I told him I'm afraid of heights, but he didn't listen."

"That's not true Mrs. Rosewall. It was just a little tree." Kris argued.

"Kristian, climbing on trees is dangerous. You could hurt yourself. Do you understand?" Helena asked friendly.

"Yes, I do, Mrs. Rosewall," answered Kris, pouted, while Amelia smiled in victory.

"Can Amy and I go to play again, please?" The Prince asked.

"But I won't climb on trees," warned Amelia, causing both women to laugh.