Eragon POV

Eragon lifted his head drowsily to see how long it was until they made it to his homeland. Presently they had made it to the beach that was several thousand leagues away from the eastern borders of Alagaësia. He released a breath that he hadn't realized he was holding.

Are you going to be okay Eragon? Saphira asked.

Yeah... I think...

With that he called to the dwarf, the elf and their dragons and told them to land. Once they had all reached the beach, all three men set up the camp.

That night, Eragon was keeping watch over the camp while the others slept. He looked up at the stars and found all of the constellations that he hadnt seen in half a century.

Eragon sighed with contentment. There were so many emotions running through him these past few days, which left him drained. Physically he felt like he could fend off an entire army. What was wrong with him? Careful, not to disturb Saphira and the apprentices, he ran along the beach, trying to clear his mind.

he was tired of this. He was tired of weakness. He was tired of leadership. He was tired, even before the day began. He was tired of being tired. Emotionally as well as physically he felt... Unprepared. Unable... For what he was unsure.

In just a few measly hours he would see the love of his life. His soulmate. His other half. Eragon shivered and felt as if somebone was watching him. Eragon whispered his love's true name. He thought it was beautiful, and showed her dry humor, her rough past, important experiences that shaped her, her love and devotion to her family, friends, and subjects.

He wondered what was happening in her life right now.

Slowly, Eragon turned around to get back to camp before the others woke up and started to worry about him.