Chapter 3: That's what Belle Baggins hates!

Disclaimer: I don't own The Hobbit characters or plot of the story and songs!

*******

Gandalf came into the house with Frodo in his arms, while his aunt who lowered the frying pan to her hip. The dwarves for their part, tried to straighten out themselves out from the floor they had fallen and once they managed to get themselves sorted and back to standing, Gandalf introduce them to the hobbits.

The first two dwarfs are Óin and Glóin who were brothers, the oldest: Óin who is like a fortune teller and healer of dwarves. He had grey long hair, a hawk nose, his beard is braided in the middle and split and curled at each end like a ram's horns but upside down.

His younger brother Glóin in contrast had flaming red hair with small cylinder beads woven in his red beard and a bulbous nose

The next dwarves were two brothers; Bofur and Bombur and their cousin, Bifur. Bofur was a dwarf, who worked at mines, and wore a funny-looking hat with a goatee beard and a long curled moustache. His brother: Bombur was a dwarf who loved food and cooking, and it showed in the girth of his stomach with his beard braided in a loop like a hairy necklace.

Their cousin: Bifur, was a toy making dwarf who had an orc axe embedded in his forehead and only spoke Dwarvish, possibly from the accident on his head.

The last three dwarves were all brothers. The oldest of them was Dori who was silvery greyed haired dwarf with multiple braids in his hair and a small braid woven in his beard.

The second brother was Nori; a light-brown haired dwarf with his beard braided in to three parts, reminiscent of a starfish.

Finally there's Ori, who was the youngest of the brothers and was a gentle kind dwarf who skills are knitting and sketching.

"We are all at your service." They all said together as they greeted Belle and went to find the others that had arrived before them, with Gandalf and Frodo in his arms following them.

*******

Belle had no choice but to let them in and go and change out of her nightwear, for it wasn't respectable to wear such attire around guests. When she came back into the hallway; wearing a light tan blouse and tying the laces of her brown corset dress, she couldn't believe her eyes. All of the dwarves were busy chattering away while raiding her pantry of the food stored in there.

"Excuse me, that's my chicken." Belle exclaimed as Bombur walked passed by with the chicken. Then she caught Bifur with a ceramic churn of wine in his arm. "If – if you don't-. " She called out as she stopped him. "That's my wine. Excuse me!" When Bifur turned to her, he started speaking Dwarvish to her as he pointed the axe in his head. But she couldn't understand what he's saying,

"He's got an injury." Óin explained it to her.

"What you mean the axe in his head?" Belle asked him.

"Dead?" He misheard as he held up his ear trumpet to hear her. "No, only between his ears, his legs work fine." She groaned in response turning back around to try and stop them.

More and more dwarves kept going past her with more food from the pantry and into the dining room. "Put those back, put that back!" She kept telling them as they walked past her. "Put that back!" She called a bit louder. But they just kept on going without listening to her.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. It's a tad excessive isn't it?" She enquired after seeing Bombur went past her with an armful of three cheeses. "Have you got a cheese knife?"