Chapter 9: Unexpected surprises.

Disclaimer: I don't own the Hobbit, but I do own one character I created who's not in the book or film.

*******

"Frodo?!" Belle gasped in disbelief, "What are you doing here? I thought you were at home with Mr Hamfast?!"

"Um... Well, you see..." Frodo stammered nervously to his aunt as he got off of Bombur to straighten himself out, while thirty pairs of eyes were all fixed upon him, especially the eyes of the furious, as well as shocked, leader of the company.

"MISTRESS BAGGINS!" Thorin thundered at Belle, making the Hobbit jump. "What is the meaning of this, why did you bring that child with you?! You were fully well aware that this quest is very dangerous and this journey is certainly no place for a small boy. That was very careless of you!"

"Excuse me," Belle spluttered with outrage. "I didn't bring my nephew along; I didn't know he was with us! I left him at home with Hamfast to look after him; I don't know how he came..." She stopped when she realized something, and slowly turned to Gandalf who seemed to be disinterested with the situation while he was cleaning out his pipe. "Gandalf, did you have something to do with this?" Belle severely asked him with an upcoming wrath.

"Maybe." Gandalf teased with a crooked eye brow.

"Gandalf?!" Belle snapped harshly.

"Well, let's just say I had a little help of bringing him along with us." He hinted suggestively.

Both Belle and Thorin turned to the company with suspicion and in fury.

"Who among you had been mad enough to smuggle this boy all the way out here?" Thorin demanded loudly. "Did you two bring him?" He asked Balin and Dwalin first.

"No." Dwalin denied.

"We were unaware of the boy's existents." Balin answered.

"Did either of you bring him?" Belle asked Óin and Glóin.

"What, did we string him?" Óin asked in confusion as he pulled out his ear trumpet. "Why would we string him?

"No Óin, she asked if we brought him along with us!" Glóin said out loud for his brother to hear. "And no Mistress Baggins; we have nothing to do with this."

"Did any of you three?" Thorin questioned Bofur and his brothers.

"We wouldn't do anything that absurd!" Bofur replied while his brothers shook their heads in denial.

"Was it one of you three?" Belle asked Dori along with his brothers.

"No, we know nothing of this." Dori spoke for his brothers. "Unless...?" Both he and Ori looked towards Nori with a stern look on their faces.

"Oi! I have nothing to do with this, Dori!" Nori shouted outraged by this accusation. "I maybe a pick pocket thief, but I would never kidnap a child. Honest!"

But then they all knew, the company turned their eyes on Fíli and Kíli who stood there in silence and looked very nervous; Bella was horrified at them and their uncle was furious.

"BOYS!!!!" Thorin thundered, the boys flinched by his voice. "Were you the ones responsible for bringing him here?!" he asked as he pointed at Frodo, who looked up sheepish.

"Yes Uncle; we smuggled him secretly with us on Gandalf's behalf," Kíli confessed with his head down, "we bought him with us in my saddle bag and sneaked him some food along the way."

"But when we had discovered that our ponies were taken by the trolls; we realized that they must had taken Frodo with them too." Fíli admitted with guilt.