Chapter: 9

The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.
Shannon L. Alder

Gianna Pov~

I woke to someone shaking me.

"Gia!" Yana whined, smacking my back.

"What?" I snapped in a groggy voice. I squinted, struggling to open my eyes.

"Wake up! It's breakfast time," she said, continuing to shake me.

I shoved her off playfully. "Okay, okay. I'm up," I said, groaning and stretching. It felt amazing, by the way.

"Good. Giovanni is waiting for us outside. Let me go change quickly. See you in 10," she chirped and ran out of the room.

How was she so hyper in the morning? I could barely open my eyes.

Huffing, I slowly rose from the bed, my feet hitting the cold floor with a shiver running up my legs. I quickly hopped up and made my way to the bathroom.

Sighing in content as my feet touched the plush carpet, I promptly brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I changed into dark jeans and a t-shirt, leaving my hair down. I opened the room door, finding Giovanni and Yana waiting for me.

"Good morning, Giovanni!" I chirped. Yes, now I was officially awake.

"Good morning, Gianna," he said with a small smile.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Leena screamed, running towards us with lightning speed as we turned the corner.

Giovanni immediately stood on alert, hand on the gun in his holster, pushing Yana and me back to protect us from the unknown danger.

When he saw Leena, he sighed and shook his head.

"What are you guys doing here?!?!" Leena exclaimed as she enveloped us in bone-crushing hugs.

I giggled and hugged her back. "You can't get rid of us that easily," Yana teased.

"So... you're here for good?" She asked with a wide smile.

Yana and I shared a glance as I nodded my head with a smile. "For now," I said..

"Adaleena you scared the shit out of me." Giovanni said with all seriousness towards Leena.

I had never heard Giovanni use Leena's full name or look at her this seriously before, even though he was always serious.

"Sorry," she said sheepishly, looking towards the floor.

I had never seen this side of Leena. Yana and I raised our eyebrows in confusion.

"We're just gonna go... to breakfast. See you there," I murmured as we slowly started to back away from the conversation.

Yana and I hid behind the wall, totally eavesdropping. We peeked our heads out a little to see what was going on.

"Hey, it's okay. Just remember not to scream like you're being killed when you're in a Mafia house," Giovanni said, trying to lighten the mood.

Leena looked up and nodded, smiling. "Okay, I just got really excited. It won't happen again... Well, I'll try for it not to happen again," she said, finally looking at him once more.

Giovanni actually cracked a smile. He looked even more attractive when he smiled.

"Come on. Let's head to breakfast," he said, gesturing with his head. Leena smiled, and they both walked down the hallway together.