Chapter: 16

This chapter is dedicated to @iqraallahrakha because she always comments!! I appreciate it thank you! 

  "I don't want anything from life except you are next to me."~ Author

Gianna Pov~

Gianna Pov~

I understood that those words carried a profound weight, especially in the world of the Mafia, where a woman's devotion was to one man alone. I had just tied my fate to this man, this supposed monster, and I knew I could never take it back. But I didn't want to.

"Are you sure? Are you sure you want to be with someone like me? Someone who knows no boundaries, who has taken countless lives and will continue to do so," he questioned, his voice filled with uncertainty as he awaited my response.

I nodded resolutely. "There's more to you than meets the eye, and I'm determined to uncover it," I whispered.

With his grip still firm around my waist, he studied my face, searching for something, perhaps fear. But I had none. I knew what I was getting into, and I was excited about it.

Rising onto my tiptoes, I kissed him passionately, my lips conveying my unwavering assurance. I wanted him to understand that this was not only okay but exactly what I desired.

Without hesitation, he responded, deepening the kiss even further.

"Ahhh! I knew it would work!!" A voice squealed from beside us. Startled, I jumped back, my breath quickening. To my surprise, a group of familiar faces stood there: Leena, Miliana, Yana, Matteo, and Giovanni.

Leena rushed up to me and enveloped me in a tight hug. I giggled and hugged her back, my heart still racing from the surprise. "I knew it. I knew it!!" She sang as she pulled away.

"So, this was your plan all day?" I asked, while Adriano pulled me back into his arms, his possessive embrace making it clear that he had no intention of letting me go.

"Hey, I had accomplices. Even Miliana helped," Leena replied with a mischievous grin as she hugged Miliana from the side.

Miliana smiled at me, and I couldn't resist going over to give her a hug. She was truly remarkable, expressing her feelings through actions rather than words.

As I embraced her, she hugged me back, and I heard the faintest voice, a voice I had only heard once before. "I'm happy you're happy."

I sucked in my breath and quickly pulled away, scrutinizing her face. She wore a broad smile, and I stared at her in shock, my eyes wide as my heart pounded in my chest.

She actually spoke. Miliana said more than one word. My eyes filled with uncontrollable tears as I pulled her back into a bone-crushing hug.

"What's wrong?" Yana asked, noticing my emotional state.

I pulled away, still smiling but with tears in my eyes. "Nothing," I chuckled, my heart filled with joy. Adriano and Matteo exchanged curious glances as they observed Miliana and me.