Epilogue

The end. Nothing more after this. Thank you guys sooo much for reading!

EPILOGUE

JAYS POV

I should have tried to stop her. It was like I was frozen in time and all I could do was watch as a silver bullet pierced her skull, and killed her instantly. She went limp and fell to the floor with the gun still in her hand. As I ran to her nothing was processing in my mind. Nothing seemed real as I pulled her into my arms and the blood from her head soaked my clothes.

The rest of the night was a blur for me. I sat on the couch as people came and went. Before I knew it they were asking me to leave, and to go home. I looked around her living room and both bodies were gone. I don't know what happened that night. I don't think anyone will ever know, but I just wish I could go back in time and stayed with her so none of this would have happened.

I ended up telling my parents what had happened and they let me move back home. I'm completing high school online because the thought of being around people makes me get a headache. I never knew a girl would have such an effect on me. Ever since my ex cheated on me I swore myself off of girls. Why is it when I finally open up again, she is taken away from me right before my eyes?

With Blair in mind though, I've been keeping my life on track. No more fucking up and doing drugs just to escape the reality of my life. For Blair I will stay clean and move forward knowing she is looking over me. I really did lover her, but I guess it wasn't enough at the time I had known her. Maybe if it was a different time we could have had something amazing, but life just doesn't work out sometimes.

"Ah fuck!" I hissed as the needles went over a sensitive spot on my skin.

"I know man. Shit hurts. I'm almost done." My friend Chris said as he wiped down the almost finished tattoo.

"Finally." I sighed leaning back into the chair.

"How you been lately man? Almost a year since you got home." He asked. You could call him my best friend and over long periods of tattoo sessions I vent out to him.

"Same old shit, different day. Can't wait until I get my own chair here. Three more months right?"

In order to become a tattoo artist without supervision you need to go through training, and mine was almost done with. Soon I will have my own spot here instead of borrowing Chris'.

"You excited dude? Your own station and everything." He said lifting his foot off the pedal that makes the machine start. He wiped my chest down, and sat back looking at his finished work. "You're going to love it."

I got up from my chair and walked to the full length mirror they had propped up in the back of the shop. I turned on the spot light lamp, and looked over my new addition. It was a pair of angel wings that went from one collar bone to the other. In the middle it had Blairs name along with the dates of when she was born and when she had died. In cursive letters on top it said, "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal." and in the same font at the bottom it ended with, "Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

I stood back and admired his work. It came out exactly how I wanted it to. I felt something slide down my cheek so I went to wipe it away. I pulled my hand back and saw it was a single tear.