Chapter 4

Lisa was tired, I can see it in her whole attitude but she still didn't let it show to anyone. I'm probably the only one at the table that knows her well enough to pick up on the subtle hints. The lunch has been dragging on for hours, the main topic being politics, a topic that clearly doesn't hold any interest for Lisa. I can't think of any excuse to get her out of here, we are done eating so basically the whole idea of lunch is over but we can't just leave. Feeling eyes on me I look towards my mom, she mouthed the words, 'wanna go?'

I nodded my head to say yes, she smiled before she spoke, "I think we should maybe give Prince Wayne and Princess Lisa permission to leave, they are married six months today. I think it's only fair that we don't keep them from celebrating."

Everyone quickly agreed with the queen, Lisa looked a bit confused but didn't say anything. I said goodbye to everyone and practically dragged Lisa out of the dining room. Since I didn't think it through I had no idea where to go, so I pulled her to the kitchen. When we walked in everyone looked up, when they saw who it is they curtsied and bowed before getting back to work.

"Can I get you something your highness?"

Even though Zane was talking to me he was looking at Lisa.

"Please have someone send up to our room with coffee."

"Yes sir."

Lisa smiled kindly at Zane before she started walking out, I followed her, when I caught up with her I took her hand, earning me one of her smiles.

"Ready for that make-up tutorials?"

Laughing she answered, "Are you sure you want to?"

"Of course, by tonight we are going to be experts in applying your make-up."

"More like you'll be the expert."

"We'll just have to wait and see."

Lisa's perspective

Who would have thought watching make-up tutorials could be this much fun? I have a feeling that anything with Wayne is fun, he just has that something that instantly makes you feel relaxed, he also has a good sense of humour that keeps you laughing. My laughing was interrupted by knocking, Wayne got up and went to open the door, he had a quick conversation before he came back with a tray with coffee and cookies.

"What type of cookies are those?"

He popped one into his mouth, once he finished chewing he answered, "I believe it's chocolate chip, but I might need to taste another to make sure."

"Yeah right."

I jumped up to grab one before he eats them all, I absolutely love chocolate chip cookies, especially the ones Zane makes. Taking a bite, I instantly knew it was his handy work, I don't know what he puts in them but they just taste so unique.

"Zane out did himself once again."

Wayne looked at me strangely, I hope he isn't thinking about his mother's comments from earlier. Maybe I should just set the record straight, even if he isn't asking, as my husband he deserves to know.

"It's not what it looks like."

"What are you talking about Lisa?"

"What your mom said earlier, I never noticed and I won't."

"I know, it's clear you are just being friendly with him, I never thought anything else."

Why did I suddenly feel relieved? I didn't even realise I was stressed.

"I trust you completely Lisa."

"Thank you, I just don't want anything or anyone to come between us."

"Nothing and no one will, I promise."

He looked at me with so much intensity, to get away from it I poured us both coffee. I was just about to add sugar and milk when I realised I don't even know how he drinks his coffee.

"Wayne?"

"Both, one sugar please."

"How did you know what I was about to ask?"

"You paused when it came to throwing in the milk and sugar so I made an educated guess."

"Smart man."

I finished making his coffee and handed it to him, "Thanks."

I turned my attention back to making my own coffee, once I was done I sat down next to Wayne.

"Ready for the next video?"

"Sure, let's get started.

We watched about three more videos when Wayne decided that we need to start practising, at first I wasn't keen on the idea but eventually agreed. What's the use of watching videos if you're not going to practice?

"How about you take the left side of your face and I take the right?"

This is going to get interesting, "Sure."

We went to the bathroom and started working, having to focus on what I'm doing and still listen when Wayne talked took some concentration but I soon got the hang of it.

"Done, how about you?"

"Almost."

I quickly finished applying lipstick to one half of my lip. I look ridiculous with two different styles and colours on my face. Ignoring how embarrassing it is I focused on the make-up, once again Wayne's side is looking better than mine, mine has however improved.

"Can I wash my face now?"

"Sure, want to take another shot?"

"We can do it tomorrow morning but then our colours and styles have to match."

"Deal."

I started washing my face, this is the other part of make-up I hate, getting it off. I heard Wayne leave the room but didn't even bother to give it much thought, I need to get this stuff off. By the time I finally got it off I saw that the sun was busy setting, I went out to our porch and sat on one of the two chairs to enjoy the view.

Wayne's perspective

When I got back to the room after taking the tray back to the kitchen I saw Lisa on the porch, she is dozing on one of the chairs, instead of waking her I took the other chair. No time like the present to start thinking about our first date, I just saw Nella and she promised to open our schedules for tomorrow night. Dinner would be perfect but where? Maybe we should do a picnic under the stars, Luke and Ian isn't going to like the idea but that is their problem. I'm sure if I give them enough time, they'll be able to come up with a plan of action to make it safe for us to be out in the dark, away from the lights of the castle. I need to talk to Chef Gordon and Zane to make us a picnic basket, then I also need to get Lisa something like flowers. One thing is for sure, I'm going to make sure it is the best first date I can possible make it.

Lisa's perspective

"Lisa?"

Hearing Wayne's voice I opened my eyes, he was bending down in front of the chair, "Sorry to wake you Lisa, but maybe you should head to bed."

"Good idea, what time is it?"

"Just before nine."

"Let's first do our quiet time with God."

"Want to do it with me or alone?"

I want to do it with him but it's maybe better to do it alone, "Alone, if you don't mind?"

"Of course not, I'll be out here if you need anything."

"Okay, thanks."

I went inside and quickly changed into my pajamas before I sat on the bed reading my Bible and praying. After about half an hour I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I got in bed and turned off my bedside lamp, leaving Wayne's one on for him. I was already half asleep by the time Wayne got in bed, he pulled me closer. Making myself comfortable in his arms I drifted off to sleep. Just before falling completely asleep I heard Wayne whisper in my ear, "With God's help, I'll one day love you like you deserve to be loved."