Chapter 6

The date was amazing; she didn't expect a picnic under the stars. We ate and talked, it was so much fun to just get to know her on a whole new level. She has a great sense of humour and she laughs at all my stupid jokes. I'm not sure if it is because she feels sorry for me or because she really thinks I'm funny but one thing is for sure, I love making her laugh. Pulling her closer I made myself comfortable, just before drifting off to sleep she spoke, "Thank you Wayne, it was the best first date ever."

"I should thank you my Princess, I wouldn't want to do my first date with anyone else."

"Night Wayne."

I didn't respond, I rather listened to her breathing becoming steady.

Lisa's perspective

I woke up somewhere in the middle of the night with a fever. I wiggled myself out of Wayne's arms while being careful to not wake him. In the bathroom I turn on the light after closing the door. Looking through the cupboard I got some medicine that should help. The only thing is I need a glass to be able to dissolve the medicine in water. Turning off the light I open the door, Wayne is still sleeping. I got my robe to go to the kitchen. Just before exiting the room I grabbed my phone for the flashlight.

It feels strange to walk in the hallway alone at night, I have never done it before. For a split second I wonder if I should be doing this, didn't Wayne say not to go to the kitchen alone? Surely going alone in the middle of the night isn't that bad, it's not like Zane is going to be there. In an attempt to feel less guilty, I message Wayne, I know he isn't going to hear his phone but at least I told him where I am going. Inside the kitchen I looked for the light switch, I feel so stupid over the fact that I don't even know where to switch on the lights. Inside the dark kitchen with just my phone for light I stumbled over a few things, making noise in the progress. Luckily no one upstairs will hear it. I eventually found the switch, but now I have to figure out where to find the glasses. I finally found it after opening almost ever cupboard, taking one out I stood up feeling dizzy.

"What are you doing here?"

In the process of being startled I dropped the glass, it shuttered into pieces all around me.

"Are you okay Princess?"

Oh boy, couldn't it be any one else?

"Yes, thank you Zane, you may go."

"I should help clean up."

"It's my fault, I'll clean up."

"I can't let you do that."

Why doesn't he just listen to me? I know I sound like a spoiled child; he is just looking at me.

"Fine, clean up."

I took a step forward but jumped back when I stepped in a large piece of glass, I mentally scolded myself for being so careless. The pain is unbearable, I instantly pick up the leg, I can't put any weight on it.

"Stay there, I'll come get you."

Looking at his bare feet I almost started laughing, "You don't have shoes on, just stay where you are, no use in both of us getting injured."

"No, I insist."

Gritting my teeth, I try to calm down, why is he not listening to me? I know this is my own fault, I gave him too much freedom around me and now he thinks he doesn't have to listen to me. No one else on the staff would dare speak to me like this, or disobey an order. Maybe he doesn't see it as an order, "Zane, I'm ordering you to stay there."

"I'm disobeying that order."

What is wrong with this guy? I can't deal with this right now, I just want to drink the medicine and feel better so that I can go back to Wayne's arms. He started walking closer, I don't want him anywhere near me.

"Zane, just stop!"

I know I sound frighten, that is because I am. If someone walks in now, we are both in huge trouble. He still didn't stop, "I'm going to pick you up now Lisa."

Lisa? What happened to Princess?

"Zane, no."

"I'm not taking no for an answer Lisa."

"Lisa? Zane, if you don't step back within the next second all hell is going to break loose."