Chapter 5

What a day, who would have thought a day that was scheduled to be laid-back would turn into a busy day where I barely got time to breath. Falling on the bed I wonder how Wayne's day has been, I haven't seen him today, when I woke up he was already gone. I did however found a note saying that I should be ready for our date by five-thirty, I still have an hour before then. Getting up I went to the kitchen, I need coffee and fast. Zane was alone in the kitchen when I walked in, the moment he saw me his face lit up.

"What can I get you, your highness?"

I hate being called your highness, even your majesty is just too much. I just want to be plain old Lisa, if I really have to be called on a title I prefer Princess but not really since it's what Wayne calls me.

"Coffee would be great thanks."

He went to work while I sat down at the counter, I know I should actually be sitting at the table but it feels so formal and alone.

"Here you go your majesty."

If I didn't need to keep up a good imagine I would roll my eyes, "Please don't call me that."

"What would you like to be called?"

Thin water, I can't let Zane get too comfortable with me but I also can't stand hearing 'your majesty/highness'.

"Princess is fine."

"Okay, can I get you anything else Princess?"

"No thanks Zane, I almost have to go anyway."

"If I may, you look tired."

'Ice is melting Lisa' ignoring the voice inside my head I smile at him, "Long day but nothing a good cup of coffee won't fix."

"I'll leave you in peace then."

"Thanks for the coffee."

"Anytime Princess."

He went back to doing what he was busy with when I walked in, I know I should just leave but that means having to wait to drink my coffee. It took a couple of sips for my brain to registerthat I am drinking coffee and started to react to it.

"That looks good, Zane, may I please also have a cup?"

"Of course your majesty."

He went to make the queen coffee, she sat down next to me, "I see I'm not the only one that needs coffee, how was your day Lisa?"

"Busy, how about yours Ma...mom?"

She smiled at my correction but didn't comment on it, "Same, glad it's over."

Zane came back with the queen's coffee and some of his cookies, "Thank you Zane, will it be possible for the kitchen staff to bring our dinner to our room tonight?"

"Of course your highness, I will go arrange it."

After he left, the queen spoke, "We missed you at dinner last night."

"I fell asleep, by the time Wayne woke me it was too late to eat."

"You are welcome to come down here, the staff usually leaves some stuff out in the event that we need something."

"I didn't know that, thanks for telling me."

"Anytime, now if you would excuse me, I'm going to go take a long warm bath."

"Enjoy."

"Oh, Lisa, we were thinking of maybe inviting your parents for dinner sometime this week, would that work for you?"

"Of course, I would love to see them."

I don't get to see my parents a lot, my dad being a well-known heart surgeon works insane hours and travels all over the country. My mom being a school teacher, likes taking weekends easy, just like I do. I missed them at the beginning but for the last few weeks this has started to feel like home, not because of where we are living, rather the fact that Wayne has started to feel like home.