Chapter 9

After I walked Doc to his car I went back inside, to the kitchen. My mom was at the counter busy eating her breakfast, "Morning."

"Morning Mom."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before I sat down next to her, one of the girls that works in the kitchen came to ask me what I want.

"Nothing for me, but you can take breakfast to Princess Lisa."

"Yes your majesty."

She moved away to follow the order, I wonder where Zane is today.

"How's Lisa?"

"Think she'll be fine, I should talk to her but I'll do it tonight, I just want to get this day over with."

"Why?"

"So that I can get back to her of course."

My mom just smiled at me with a knowing smile, "I'll check on her later, she'll be fine, Ian will be with her."

"I know, but I still worry. Where's Zane?"

"Booked off, has cuts all over his feet."

"Oh."

Didn't Ian say something about Zane being close to Lisa? Is it possible he was also didn't have shoes on? Why would he do something so stupid? 'Some reason you would...' I know the voice in my head is right, but it makes me uncomfortable.

"Maybe I should take up her breakfast."

"Why? Don't you have a full day?"

"Yeah, but Mom, I'm not going to be able to focus while wondering about what happened in this kitchen last night."

"Okay, go sort it out."

I waited till her breakfast was ready then I took it up to our room.

"I thought you already left."

"No, not yet, I was planning on but I think we need to talk, Lisa, tell me everything that happened last night."

"Okay..."

She started telling me everything that happened, my emotions were like a rollercoaster while she talked, one thing was the same throughout the whole story, self-blame. I should have felt her getting up; I should have been there for her.

"Thank you for telling me Lisa, I have to go now, but we'll finish this tonight. Eat your breakfast, Ian will come get the dishes in half an hour."

"Okay, thank you, enjoy your day."

I walked out, I should be telling my father but that would have to wait, I'm already running late.

"Ian, give her half an hour."

"Yes Sir."

Lisa's perspective

I slept most of the day, the only time I was awake was when Ian checked up on me and forced me to eat or drink something.

"Hey Lisa, how are you feeling?"

I didn't even hear Wayne come in, "Hey, how was your day?"

"Extremely long."

"Busy?"

"No, just worried about you."

I try to hide the smile that is forming, "No need to be worried, I feel better, way better. I slept most of the day, I think the fever broke."

He sat down next to me, before he replied, "I'm glad to hear that the fever broke."

"I should actually go shower; what time is dinner?"

"I'll organise that we take dinner here in the room, no need for you to get up. Did Ian check up on you?"

"Yeah, he even forced me to eat lunch."

"Remind me to thank him."

"Funny Wayne, it's not fun to eat when you rather just sleep."

"True, but you need to eat."

"I didn't see him when I came in, where is he?"

"Probably went to fetch me some tea, he said he would bring some up."

"Sounds like he is doing a great job of taking care of you."

"But he doesn't have to, he is here to protect me not to babysit me."

"Lisa, his job is to take care of you, not just protect you."

"It's such a waste of his time Wayne."

"He doesn't see it like that, he is very committed to his job."

Ian knocked once before he opened the door, when he saw Wayne he apologised for just entering, "No need to worry Ian, thank you for taking such good care of her. I'm quickly going to the kitchen before I have to go see my father, Luke will stay here while you come with me."

"Yes sir."

Why does Ian have to go with Wayne?

"Lisa, will you be okay?"

"Of course, I'm quickly going to shower while you take care of those things."

"Need any help..." As if realising how it must sound he added, "Getting to the shower, I mean."

"No thanks Wayne."

Wayne's face is red, I know my face must be red. Ian's smile that he is trying to hide confirms it. Wayne was busy studying me like he was trying to decide if he should believe me or not.

"Go Wayne, I'll be fine."

He studied me for another few moments before he left, Ian followed. They were barely out when Luke walked in.

"Yes Luke?"

"I just wanted to open the door, I'll be in the hallway, call if you need anything."

The way everyone is treating me, makes me think they think I'm going to break or something.

"Thanks Luke."

"Your majesty..." He nodded his head and left. I got up, making sure I'm not putting too much weight on my foot and hoped to my closet to get my clothes. Once I had it I hoped to the bathroom, a shower is going to feel great now.

Wayne's perspective

"All we can do is give him an official warning."

"I know dad, I talked to Ian, he knows what he has to do when Zane is nearby."

"Good, how are you holding up?"

"Me? I'm fine, just worried about Lisa."

"You have every right to be, but that's not what I mean."

"What do you mean dad?"

"Well, it's just that you have been married to someone you didn't pick for about six months now, you weren't too happy about it in the beginning."

I wasn't happy, but who can blame me?

"I'm fine dad, you made a good decision, the last six months has been amazing."

"Can I take it that the marriage is going well?"

"Very, I'm currently just taking time to get to know her a bit better."

"Are you liking what you are seeing?"

"Liking? More like loving..."

"Sounds like you are already halfway in love with her."

More like completely, "Yeah, she is awesome. I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else, the only girl for me is Lisa. Somehow I'll show her that."