🌿🌌🌿

The curls upon his head sat so carelessly as he desperately tried to run his calloused fingertips through them, fixating them in a rapid movement of being placed right back where they started.

The brunet sighed, his back stinging by the warm, red metal of his F250 truck. Joshua tipped his head back, bathing in the sunlight that it so preciously gave, with the best of the leaves could give him and a low hum rose in his throat as he tightened his grip on the beer that cooled his anger. River water soothing him, relishing in the enveloping sound it would give off with the crashes against sand it would make. This was his peace, the only seemingly way his anger was going to vanish and become nothing but part of the back of his mind.

You know, to store for later, so it could just rise again, but more ruthless then before?

Joshua suppressed his anger in a way that made his fingertips tingle.

Every little thing tipped him on edge, threw him off a cliff and set him helplessly with the sharks.

If it wasn't his sheriff of a father, it was the other's and their words.

He could never win.

Irritated by anything and everything.

Though, as he stood there, the Alabama breeze hitting him like it meant nothing, and the water rippling against him, the canopy of tree leaves blocking off the sun the best it could; he felt calm. The calmest Joshua could ever be, and he found himself smiling at that.

Joshua was hidden away from society for awhile, lost (not quite) in a forest by the river bay, not too close because of his car, but getting away from the noise of others and finding solace by himself.

He knew how to get back, even though he dreaded it.

The whistling trees that specialized a tune, accompanied by the animals that decided to give it words and the beat of the water; all of it soothing.

It wasn't when he took his last sip of his beer when he heard a subtle splash. Joshua's eyesight flew forward and attentive as he skimmed the area of the secluded river bed, finally eyeing tan flesh that hinted flush, accompanied with a giggle that seemed to ring his body in a tingle.

A cherry cheek brunet, that looked a little younger than Joshua, was a bit away's from him, but Joshua still slowly coward behind a tree, closer than he had intended, his empty beer tight in his hand, and wandering eyes that he did not mean to have.

Another heavenly giggle, and he could feel his knees weaken at the sight of the cherry cheek brunet splashing about, and running it through his hair like he owned the waters

In a sense, Joshua felt like he did.

And when Joshua caught the doe-eyes, he gasped, fully hiding away behind the tree, and his muscles tensed as he desperately tried to stop breathing.

After a moment, Joshua let out a soft, needing breath, peaking again to only see the boy skipping out of the water, naked, to a white towel, and some clothes that hung on a nearby tree branch.

In mere seconds, Joshua's mind was racing, giving him red signals that he should look away from the male who was innocently drying himself.

Look away.

Goddammit, look away.

But, he couldn't.

The cherry cheek brunet was dressed in seconds, and even as he left without a trace, Joshua found his eyes never leaving.

When he stumbled back in his truck, throwing his empty beer bottle to the floor, his mind was filled with the vivid images of the boy.

When he got on the road, they never left him.

And when he got home, Joshua's mind was still filled of the mysterious, doe-eyed brunet boy.

🌿🌌🌿

a/n: new fic.

i have a lot of plans for this, but basically, to get a gist; countryboy!joshua and notsoinnocent!tyler.

i honestly don't know what sparked this idea, but it's gonna be good, i promise.

it'll be smutty.

also, so you don't be alarmed, joshua is 19, while tyler is 18.

this fic will be set in the 1970's, bc god knows why.