First Morning At Camp

I wake up to loud, screeching birds. I blink my eyes open, everything is blurry due to the sleep in my eyes. I wipe them with my fists, then blink rapidly. I look around the cabin, Dinah is up and so is Ally. They are both sitting up in their bunks and talking with each other. I can't see Normani's bunk and I definitely can't see Camila. Light floods through the small windows, casting light gray shadows on the wood floor. I groan and roll over to my side, I feel the bed start to end as I turn. Before I know it, I hit the hard, panel floor. I groan again, rubbing my head gently. Laughter fills the air.

"Good morning, Jauregui." Dinah laughs at me, I glare at her.

"More like Floor-Huggy," I hear Camila say from above me, the sound of her voice makes me smile slightly; even though I'm not a morning person. "Get it? Jauregui, but Floor-Huggy?"

"Yeah, yeah," Dinah replies, sarcasm laced in her voice. "I get it. But, stop. Thanks."

Ally bursts into laughter, she slaps her hand against her thigh while doubling over. "I get it! Floor-Huggy! You know, because she fell and hit the floor like she's hugging it!" Ally shouts through roars of laughter.

"You guys are so mean," I complain, propping myself on my elbows. "And I'm not even on my stomach, I'm on my back."

"Aww," Dinah coos, sliding around on her bunk and putting her feet on the ground. "Get use to it."

The sounds of groaning and displeasure come from directly behind me. I hear the sound of sheets ruffling and the creaking sound of someone sitting up.

"You guys woke me up." Normani complains, wiping her eyes.

"Sorry?" Camila offers, her tone more of a question. She shrugs. I watch her climb down the ladder, her now gray with pink dot socks bounce up and down, she sits on the floor next to me.

"Good morning, Lauren." Camila says, placing her head on my shoulder briefly before standing up again and walking over to Dinah. I smile at the lingering warmth on my shoulder.

"Dinah Jane!" Camila yells, jumping onto Dinah who leans backward onto her bunk; her feet lift off the ground. Camila hugs her tightly before loosing her grip but not letting go.

"Yeah?" Dinah asks, her voice soft and humorous.

"What time is it?" Camila asks, letting go and rolling off Dinah. Dinah groans slightly then slides to the end of her bed, she picks up her black watch off the ground. Her eyes scan the glass.

"7:15," Dinah answers, slipping the watch around her wrist and locking the ends together.

"When's breakfast?" Normani asks, finally standing up and stretching her arms and torso. She inhales loudly then exhales and sits back down.

"Eight." Ally replies, climbing down the bunk ladder and gently plopping her feet on the floor.

My eyes widen and my body sits bolt upright, I run my fingers through my hair. "Sh—!"

"Language!" Ally scolds me while cutting me off at the same time.

"Sorry, Ally," I apologize, standing up and stretching like Normani did. "But we really need to change right now if we are going to make it to breakfast without being late." My stomachs growls in agreement, I add, "I'm really hungry."

I glance over at Dinah, she is already half changed; all she has left to do is change her socks and button her pants. I groan and get on my knees, I grab the side of my blue suitcase; throwing a quick glance at Camila's pink and yellow one. I take out some dark jeans with rips in the jeans, and a light blue, long-sleeved tee. I reach for the bra I wore yesterday but when my fingers grasp around it, water squeezes out. I quickly let go of it and reach for a different one along side a pair of underwear.