The Battle pt: 2

I stand frozen in shock. I hear Brad hitting his fist against his flat hand, I can feel his glare on my neck. I start to turn around slowly when Camila puts her arm in front of me.

"Don't." She hisses, staring at me with worried eyes.

"Come on, ladies," Brad taunts, snapping his fingers. I feel cold wisps touch the sides of my arms. I swat them away, hugging myself tightly. "Let's have some fun."

I didn't realize how close he was getting when our backs were turned, because as I glare at him, I see him grab Camila's wrist. I snap my fingers loudly, whipping around. Liquid-Sunshine, Waterpetal, and Stream appear at my side. Camila yanks away, but Brad keeps a firm grasp on her.

"Stream, kick Brad." I order. Stream floats to Brad, his back turned, and kicks his ankle. Brad falls forward, letting go of Camila. I quickly wrap my arms around Camila's waist, pulling her closer to my hips.

"Don't touch her." I growl, narrowing my eyes at Brad.

"I don't want her," Brad laughs, standing up from the ground. "I want you. I want you, Lauren, to be dead."

"You wouldn't dare." I sneer.

"Yes, I would." Brad lifts his hand, pointing it right at me. "Shock, freeze Lauren."

Shock appears behind Brad, swirling his hands together. The same liquid ice forms in his hands, he aims his gaze at me. With one flick of his hand, the ice goes flying in the air. I duck as it soars over my head, pulling Camila close so it doesn't hit her either.

"So close," I smirk, trying to sound cocky even though I feel like running away with Camila right now. My spirits hover behind me. "Yet so far away."

Brad growls, pointing at me again. "Shock, pin her down."

Shock starts after me, but I'm prepared. "Liquid-Sunshine, stop Shock. Waterpetal, attack Brad. Stream, protect me."

Liquid-Sunshine bolts after Shock, trampling him while Waterpetal chases Brad, who curses as he runs. Stream stays by my side, taking all the ice being thrown my way and practically eating it.

"Moon, help Waterpetal." Camila shouts out, regaining her voice. "Rainfall, help Stream." Camila's White spirit guards me along with Stream. I smile at Camila who returns it shyly. "Hurricane, protect me."

Shock fights with Moon and Waterpetal, shooting poorly aimed ice balls at me. My spirits suck them up, while I continue to watch everything happen around me. Rainfall rams into Brad, knocking him against a tree.

"Shock, pin Lauren!" Brad struggles to yell, thrashing his body around.

Shock rips himself from our spirits, throwing himself at me. I feel him grip my shoulder and push me against a tree trunk, his messed-up face very close to mine. I see flakes of ice swirling in his eyes, almost like a blizzard. Camila lets out a strangled scream and points to Brad.

"Hurricane, stop Shock!" Camila calls out. The spirit guarding her floats towards me, colliding with Shock. I slip away when they are fighting, going to stand beside Camila.

Shock and Hurricane mix colors, then become separate again. Hurricane chases Shock around a tree while Brad struggles to fight Moon and Waterpetal. I watch from beside Camila, it all seems to be in our favor. I think we are winning. I could say the three fatal words— I could kill Brad. Then he wouldn't hurt Camila or me ever again, but that would be murder. Murder is what killed Bea— I can't do it.

"This is non-sense!" Brad yells, snapping me out of my thoughts. He breaks free from Moon and Waterpetal, sliding to the side. "Shock, kill Rainfall and Stream."

Shock throws a white line towards Rainfall and Stream, causing them to turn a darker shade of the color they originally were. I gape at them; they lay on the ground, swaying from side to side.

"Little do you know, spirits can lose lives. They only have three." Brad smirks, pointing at the spirits laying on the forest floor. "Shock, kill Rainfall and Stream."

"Moon, stop Shock!"

"Liquid-Sunshine, help Moon!"

Moon tramples into Shock, killing the white line that was being formed in his hands. Liquid-Sunshine floats nearby, waiting for any sign to help. Shock bursts out Moon's grasp, bolting towards me. He glares while floating close by. I scoot a bit closer to Camila.

"Your spirits are already so damaged, they can't help you now." Brad sneers, glaring at me with cold eyes. "Shock, push Lauren down."

Shock rams into my chest before I can saying else. It feels as if all the air has left my lungs. I heave while rolling onto my side. Camila gasps from above me.

"I can't kill a Water, it's impossible since I'm a Snow, but I can freeze a Water.." Brad's eyes gain an evil glint while the grin on his face grows. "Shock, fr—!"

"Stop!" Camila shouts, cutting Brad off.

My heartbeat increases, causing me to heave for air. I grip the leafs on the ground, they crumble in my hand when I touch them. I sink farther into the soft ground, trying to disappear.

"What do you want?" Brad grumbles, rolling his eyes at Camila.

"Just.." Camila trails off but quickly regains her voice. "Just let me talk to her."

"Fine," Brad sneers, crossing his arms. "One last time."

Camila grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet. She holds my shoulders as I regain my balance, smiling sadly. Her eyes glitter with an emotion I cannot place. Her fingers slide down the inside of my arm, grabbing my hand.

"You need to run." Camila whispers, pulling me close. "Run far away— to safety."

"What?" I whisper back, trying to pull my hand away. "I have to stay and fight. Fight for you and everyone in this camp."

"No, Lauren, he will kill you if you stay." Camila says quietly, her hand leaving mine and stroking the side of my face. "Please run."

"Hurry up!" Brad growls, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Please, Lauren.." Camila pleads, her eyes shimmering with tears.

"No, I'm not going to be like your father. I'll never run away," I insist, gazing into Camila's eyes. "Never."

"You'll never be like my father," Camila looks down momentarily then lifts her head again to meet my eyes. "Because the difference between you and him is: I love you."

My heart jumps, freezing in place. "You.. You love me?"

"Of course," Camila pulls me closer. "How else would I feel?" She takes my lips for her own. But our kiss is short and sweet, as she pulls away quickly.

"We are done!" Camila exclaims. She then lunges forward and tackles Brad, pinning him to the ground. "Run, Lauren!"

For a second, I hesitate. But then I remember her heart breaking tone and I run the opposite way reluctantly. My feet carry me out of the forest. As I run, I hear the sound of a piercing scream.

I don't dare look back.

__

A/N: Hey! The next chapter is the last one— then the epilogue. So two more. I hope you liked this chapter, and if you did, please star it! Thank you and have wonderful day!

~StrangeBlob