Dinner Under The Stars

The knock echoes through the silent cabin. I rip my eyes off Camila's and throw them at the door. The crack on the bottom of the door has a long shadow, like feet.

"Lauren, are you in here?" A soft voice asks, it's Ally.

"Uh, yeah!" I call out to her, trying to sit up while Camila attempts to scramble off me. I hit my head on the side of the ladder, and Camila collapses on me again.

"Okay, good." Ally replies. The door creaks open and Ally walks in, still wearing Camila's yellow jacket and scarf. Ally is looking down at the collar of the bright coat. "I just wanted to give you Camila's jacket and scarf, so if—" Ally looks up in the midst of unzipping the jacket. Her light brown eyes land on Camila.

"I'm here too!" I hear Normani exclaim, running through the doorframe. Her darker eyes also land on Camila and I.

"The fu—?" Normani starts, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Language!" Ally cuts Normani off, glaring at her.

"Sorry.." Normani shuffles her feet, looking at the floorboards.

"Did we interrupt anything?" Ally asks, a small smirk forming on her lips.

"Nope!" I sit up quickly, Camila tumbles off me. She lands on her knees on the opposite side of the bed. I slide onto my feet and stand up on the floorboard.

"Are you sure?" Normani asks, raising her once furrowed eyebrow.

"Yep!" Camila gives her a thumbs up, also getting to her feet.

"Positive?" Ally questions, finishing unzipping the coat and unwrapping the scarf. She hands the articles of clothing to Camila who takes them gratefully and throws them on her bed.

"Completely." Camila and I both respond at the same time.

"Mmm, okay then." Ally hums, heading towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, grabbing my jacket from my open suitcase and a scarf. I slip my arms into my dark blue jacket, I then place the purple scarf around the base of Camila's neck, pulling her closer to me. We connect eyes, she smiles shyly; I grin so widely, it's like I just won the lottery. Which, I kind of did, I mean, I did just kiss Camila Cabello. I hear Normani loudly clearing her throat, I quickly take the left side of the scarf and toss it lightly over Camila's shoulder.

"Dinner," Ally answers, walking out the door once finish tying our shoes— we join her. "It's on the great lawn tonight so Dinah is saving us a spot."

"Sounds great." I grin, causally draping my arm around Camila's shoulder as we walk.

"What's for dinner?" Camila asks, tilting her head onto my shoulder and intertwining our fingers.

"San—." Ally starts, shrugging.

"Wait," Normani cuts Ally off, Ally playfully glares at her which goes unnoticed by Normani. "Does Miss-I-Know-Everything, not know what's for dinner?"

"Yeah," Camila answers sheepishly, smiling shyly. "Just don't tell Dinah."

I start to laugh softly under my breath. Camila notices and lifts her gaze to meet mine. Her creamy, chocolate eyes seem brighter today than normal— I think that's a good sign. Today, all Camila wears is a light pink sweater, it's baggy, just like all her other ones, and dark skinny jeans. Oh, and of course my purple scarf. I think she looks beautiful, the dim light being cast from the sky reflects little stars in her eyes. I realize I've been staring for too long and reluctantly tear my eyes from her.

"What is for dinner?" I ask, repeating Camila's question.

"Uh, I just answered that, Lauren." Ally shifts uneasily, gazing at me with weird eyes.