The Lightning

Lauren's POV

I lay in my bed, staring up at the boards of Camila's bunk. My stomach rumbles from hunger as I missed lunch and Mr. legend has already come to take it. I groan loudly, causing Dinah to shoot me a look.

"Can you stop moaning, Lauren, Camila isn't even here right now." Dinah scoffs, laying on the ground with Normani. They say they are just 'thumb wrestling' but I'm sure they are just 'tongue wrestling'. I don't care enough to check, I mean, as long as they are happy, I'm happy.

"Yeah, or do you have groans-too-much-itis?" Normani chuckles, sitting up and stretching her arms over her head.

"No, I don't," I protest, crossing my arms while my eyes stay unmoving on the boards. "I'm just wondering when Camila will be back."

"I already told you, Laur, she said she went to the library." Dinah sighs while Normani lays back down.

"Yeah," I scoff under my breath so no one can hear me. "She totally went to the library."

I really hope she is okay, I mean, I know she didn't go to the library. She must have gone to the meeting. What if she got covered and snow and can't make it back? What if Bea gave her such a bad time that she ran away? What if she got lost and can't find her way back? I exhale, quietly this time to insure my friends that I don't have 'groans-too-much-itis'. Suddenly, the door swings open to reveal the Cuban herself.

"Camz!" I exclaim, jumping up from my bed. She seems surprised when I wrap my arms around her tightly and squeeze, she stands there for a second or two before reacting. I feel her arms runs up my back to pull me closer, I smile while I bury my face into her neck.

"You're back.." I breathe out, she shivers when my breath hit her neck. She feels frozen! I can only imagine how cold it is out there.

"Of course," Camila replies, "where else would I be?"

I pull away from her, my eyes connecting with her's. I remember saying the same words to her a few days ago, her eyes shimmer with amusement. I pull her into a tight hug again, waddling over to the bed with her. She giggles as I rock back and forth while walking. Once we get to the bed, I throw her onto it.

"Damn!" Dinah says, stretching out the 'mn' in 'damn'. "Hey, Mani, we're going to get some Camren action!"

"Really?" Normani asks, sitting up.

"Really?" Ally repeats, sitting up in her bunk.

"Oh, hey, Ally, I thought you were sleeping." Dinah says to Ally, who just shrugs.

"I was, but Lauren woke me up with her screaming 'Camz'." Ally's eyes scan the room and she climbs down her ladder.

"You guys are nasty," I roll my eyes, hovering over Camila. I wrap the rainbow blanket Normani was using around her, in attempt to warm her up.

"Hey!" Normani yells once I took the blanket away. "You just stole my warmth!"

"Sorry." I quickly respond, picking up Camila and holding her bridal style while walking over to sit down. I sit down criss-cross and  set her in my lap, she smiles at me and wraps her arms around my waist. Her head lays heavy on my chest, I know she can hear my heartbeat.

"Okay," Dinah says, trying to rekindle a conversation. "Anyone want to play Uno?"

-~-

"Goodnight, Dinah." I whisper across the cabin, turning over and closing my eyes.

"Goodnight, Lauren." I hear Camila murmur from above me. I smile softly, exhaling slowly.

"Goodnight, Camila."