9) The Missing Princess

Draco's POV
Over the next couple of weeks, flowers, gifts and cards poured in beside her bed. I couldn't concentrate in class and would spend all my spare time in the hospital wing. Apart from classes, basically the whole school had stopped. No one played Quidditch anymore and the whole season had been forgotten, meals in the Great Hall were quieter and most people still looked at me weirdly. They were either sorry for me or hoping for some sign Lily might be getting better.

She wasn't, in fact, Madame Pomfrey even said she might be getting worse. She hadn't come out of her coma and her Mage powers were doing something crazy inside her. She was getting thinner and thinner as they tried feeding her with the help of potions but eventually resorted to the Muggle method of feeding her through a tube, however, her body was rejecting most of the vital nutrients, accepting barely enough to survive on.

All her injuries had healed but there was no longer any sign of magic around her. There used to be a pale blue aura around her, which once you got used to, seemed to just be a part of her. I had noticed it the first day I met her...

A beautiful girl with long red hair stepped off the train. It swished as her weight shifted and it reminded me of silk. Her skin was pale and flawless. She was skinny but healthy and she captured my gaze immediately. It was then I noticed who she was with. Potty. Disgust instantly swelled up inside me and my normal hated for them returned. But there was something different about that girl.

The Weasel Twins took either arm and lead her over to a carriage. Pansy grabbed my arm and I put on my fake smile, leading her to our own carriage, just for the two of us, so I could snog her on the way, though I truly disliked her more than Potter...

I watched the new girl with curious eyes as she was amazed at the enchanted ceiling, Hogwarts students took for granted. McGonagall sorted the first years but even when there was no one left to sort, she called out another name.

"Lily Potter."

Shock dwelled in the pit of my stomach and my eyes, like many others, turned to the beautiful new doll as she stood. She's a Potter? Harry Potter has a twin sister? Her feet didn't make a sound as she made her way to the front and sat her pretty little ass down on that cold hard stool. I knew she was going to be put in Gryffindor...but part of me, just a tiny bit, longed for that mangy old hat to yell out Slytherin.

"Gryffindor!" I was left disappointed, once again.

Dumbledore got up and recited his yearly rubbish. I couldn't take my eyes or my mind off of her. So, I figured I needed to talk to her as soon as possible and a gap in Dumbledores speech gave me the perfect opportunity. "Potter! Potter!" I hissed, grabbing his attention. "Is it true you fainted? Like actually fainted?" Blaise did over-exaggerative motions beside me.

Lily gave him an unimpressed look and I silently wish he'd stop. "Shove off, Malfoy." Weasley retorted and they turned away, my opportunity wasted. But I wasn't ready to give up yet. I grabbed my bread bun and threw it gently at the back of her robes and she turned around.

"So, you're Harry's twin sister?"

She nodded clearly unaffected by my charm. "You're-"

I cut her off. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

This time she gave me a non-impressed look and turned back around listening to the headmaster. The boys giggled like school girls around me and I glared at them all, which made them shut up. One thing was for sure. Lily Potter had captured my attention and now that she had gotten it, she wouldn't be losing it easily.

I blinked a few times, trying to gather my surroundings. I was in a white room and someone was gently trying to wake me. I sat up straight, my hand wrapped in Lilys, still lying motionless. I looked up to see McGonagall.