13) Don't Let Me Fall

Ft. The Wedding Ensemble

Lily's POV

I nervously paced up and down the kitchen, feeling my heart beating with excitement and anxiety in my chest. It pumped adrenaline through me as today was the day, the day Draco and I were to be married. I had woke at six o'clock and taken a shower, blow dried my hair and brushed it. Everything was ready for my being prepped but I had taken one look at myself in the mirror this morning and paled. I'm utterly convinced I was to be the worst looking bride ever.

I had dark rings under my eyes from not being able to sleep last night. Draco hadn't been there as he had been in the other end of the house and of course, my nerves for today has kept me up. What was I going to do?! There was a loud crack from outside and the resolution popped into my head like it was obvious. Of course, the girls. They piled into the foyer where I met them and Ginny and Hermione gave me one look and I rolled my eyes, leading them to our room and into the extensive bathroom.

Hermione had brought all the dresses and went to hang them in the wardrobe, while Ginny mused over my reflection in the mirror. There was another crack and Pansy and Amelia appeared, carrying shoe boxes. They both raised eyebrows at me in the mirror and I put my face in my hands. Finally, there was another crack and Emmaline and Luna waltzed in the door, carrying the rest over bags of shopping we'd done and I noticed their grimaces.

Ginny rubbed my shoulders comfortingly. "Don't worry, Lil, everything is going to be perfect for your special day."

I smiled at her, having complete faith in her and she turned the swivel chair around so I was facing her. Pansy grabbed a stool and laid one of my hands on her knee, rifling through her bag until she pulled out a nail file, some white nail polish and clear. She set to work on my fingers, painting them skilfully into French tips before putting the clear on over the top.

I had specifically asked for no magic to be used in my preparation, wanting my special day to be...well, special. Of course, the girls had agreed and were skilled enough to tackle the challenge. Hermione was fussing over the dresses and making sure every accessory was with the right dress and owner. I noticed she had trouble finding the hidden compartment and I raised my hand with a slight flick, opening it for her.

Ginny had cosmetics strewn about all over the bathroom countertop but she wouldn't let me turn around to look in the mirror as she put a very soft layer of foundation, hiding the black rings. Then came the brush with a slightly darker shade of powder and she ran it across my face in various spots, highlighting the contours of my face. She pulled out the eye make-up next and grabbed a black pen, heavily rimming my eyes before allowing that to set and pulled out a white. She put it over the top, giving it a thin rim and wings, with two dots below that, curving along the bottom of the eye. Next came the eyeshadow and she put a dark brown layer over the whole lid, before pulling out a white glittery colour and put it on the lower part of my lid coming out just above the wing created by the eyeliner. And the last finishing touch for eyes was always mascara.

Ginny stepped back and all four girls looked over at me and gasped. I hesitantly went to turn but Ginny grabbed me. "Hang on, you're not finished."
She grabbed a tube of lipstick and opened it to reveal a natural really soft pink, which she grazed over my lips. I mushed them together and she went about fixing the edges and correcting her work. She nodded to me and I turned and gasped.

I had never seen myself look so beautiful and strangely enough, after two hours of work I looked soft and natural, not all painted up like a doll. My high cheek bones had been highlighted, along with my jaw and my face looked more sharp, mature even, though I held my youth.