14) Till The Very End

Harry embraced me, placing a kiss on my cheek and placed my hand in Draco's. We stood together side-by-side before Kingsley, Draco still being taller than me even though I was in heels. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I'm sure Draco could hear it standing so close to me.

"Friends and family, we have gathered here today to share with Draco and Lily an important moment in their lives. During their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one." Kingsley started, grinning at us both. "Please stand opening reading."

He cleared his throat, a grin already forming.
"He never leaves the seat up
Or wet towels on the floor." The guests were already chuckling.
"The toothpaste has the lid on
And he always shuts the door!

She's very clean and tidy
Though she may sometimes delude
Leave your wand out at your peril
In a second it'll have moved!

He's a very active person
And I do not mean to snitch
But she likes lazy days
He'll still drag her to the Quidditch pitch!

He romances her and dines her
Home cooked dinners and the like
He even knows her favourite food
And spoils her day and night!

He says he loves her figure
And her magical power too
But when gravity takes her over
Will she charm with her IQ?

She says she loves his kindness
And his patience is a must
And of course she thinks he's handsome
Which in her eyes is a plus!

They're both not wholly perfect
But who are we to judge
He can be as stubborn as a Hippogriff
Whereas she won't even budge!

All that said and done
They love the time they spend together
And I hope as I'm sure you do
That this fine day will last forever.

He'll be more than just her husband
He'll also be her friend
And she'll be more than just his wife
She'll be his soul mate - till the very end."

The guests were trying to laugh through their tears of happiness and Draco squeezed my hand as he smiled wholeheartedly. "The rings may now be exchanged and vows spoken."

I turned to face Draco, Blaise coming up to the both of us, presenting each of us with a single silver ring, Draco's a little thicker than mine. He slowly pushed the ring over my finger as I did the same to him, then clasped both my hands in his. "I Draco Malfoy, take you Lily Potter to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before."

"I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." I finished, tears leaking down my cheeks."

"I do." He nodded, completely sure of himself.

Happy tears sprung to my eyes and everyone stopped their crying as they waited for my response. "I do."

It barely came out as a whisper but I'm sure everyone got the message when I stepped forward and pressed my lips to Draco's, who easily took control of the moment, making it a long and slow one. Everyone erupted into applause, standing as we parted. 

"I now present to you Mr and Mrs Malfoy," Kingsley announced, smiling at the two of us looking at each other, Draco kissing me again and I couldn't help but smile against his lips.